Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Nitto 275 DR's mounted & on the car today. Taking the car back to the track tonight hopefully.

I have heard some people report that brand-new Nitto Drag radials are not the best for traction until they are broken-in. What is done to "break them in"???

Or is this BS, and I can expect super-stickiness after a good burn-out @ 14 - 18 psi????

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was racing mine w/ only 100 miles on them.. I don't think there is much of a break in on these tires... But I know Razor wasn't too pleased with the traction on his car.. I was ecstatic about the traction on my car... Basically it depends on the kind of power you are making.. I was running 16 psi..

Good luck!

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Well I have much improved traction on the street over the stock tires, but at the track the car will not hook. I guess when your puting 500 hp to the ground you can't expect drag radials to do much good. My best 60ft time to date is a 1.89 . I would be happy with a 1.7 and in a perfect world a 1.6, but I have yet to see that. I also run my tires at 16psi at the track and 21psi on the street. Good luck to you.

Razor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts