Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 GT with the Brembo package. Because of that, it has the 19" rims. Which I don't mind, though I usually like a more deep-welled wheel, I have grown to like these rims quite a bit. You can see them here:

http://www.modularfords.com/blog.php

I was wondering, the tires that came out on the car - 255-40-19, how wide a tire do you think I could put on there? I was wondering if I could fit a 275 tire on those rims.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You can put a 275 but it will have lil bulg on side walls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which would probably lend itself to the tire rolling over on teh sides a bit more, I bet... maybe I'll just stick with 255...

Hey - how did you like that Evo performance tune? I'm thinking about getting that...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Im very satisfied my car went 11.97 @116.15 with 93 tune and DR's. on the street car drives great shifts smooth and throttle response is rite on. I have a updated tune for my current mods and will be going to the track Sat.

Al

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 275-40 is the widest that's "recommended" for that wheel.

People have put the shorter 285-35 on these as well without problems and it doesn't look bad either.

There was a thread on one of the forums with lots of pics of the 285. I'd go with the 275-40 for the rear only myself.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Do anyone know if the 285/35/19 on a 10 inch wheel in the rear require the way bar relocators.
You only need sway bar relocators on 15x10 wheels.

Larger diameter wheels will clear the sway bar ends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts