Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires is everybody who use there car as a daily driver going with. I destroyed my rears after 5K so the street tires price doesn't seem worth it. Drag radials you know your only getting like 5k out of them, but they cost less and give better traction.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I got 7K on my stock F-1's, at least 50 passes at the track and they're still like new. But then again I don't just blaze the tires for the sake of blazing the tires...got that out of my system with my first supercharged Mustang 10 years ago.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hammer call me pete @shop Tire Qu. I need rear tires for 1/18/03
nitro

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
StreetSnake said:
Brian are you that tough on that 03 ? Where were ya on Tues. night? thought you were going to make it......Barry
I baby my car I haven't had it over 3k since I bought it.;) ;) Its these damn Goodyear Tires I think they are defective. :D I didn't make Tuesday because something came up, my kids.

·
Registered
64 Posts
uhhh

After finding out three of my F1s were defective and causing the bad steergin wheel vib i was getting at 90mph I decided to put on the Nitto 555 DR Extremes I had sitting around for a while. I bought Nitto ZRs for the front. I only drove the car for a month after that and it seemed great. The DRs spin real easy on cold roads but the ZRs seem to grab great around turns. I dont really care about mileage cause I barely drive except in the summer...one long trip to NC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
TooFast,
While I haven't switched out my stock's on my 03, I did switch from Pirelli's to Nitto 555Z's on my old s281.
I found them to be a superior tire for the price, though they aren't the best going through rain. When my stocks are ready for the garbage, I'll be moving to Nitto's. I don't spend enough time at the track to justify true racing tires, so the 555's were the best choice for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts