Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car was dynoed right after an oil change with the T-45 and stock flywheel on December 26th and made 258.3RWHP and 289.8RWTQ. Today on the same dyno but with a TKO, aluminum flywheel, oil change and fresh plugs the car made 259.9RWHP and 293.8RWTQ. For a net gain of 1.6RWHP and 4RWTQ.

There are different ways you could look at this. One being that I added an aluminum flywheel and some say I should pick up power with it in which case the TKO pretty much offset that. Others say you won't see that HP on the dyno only the easier revving on the track in which case the TKO had no effect on my cars power. My view of course is that in the end I picked up a couple HP/TQ, got my 60 foots more consistent thanks to the flywheel and added a very durable transmission with sacrificing anything but money.

Bill

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evil Genius said:
Ok...but do ya' like the transmission? :D I still say you shoulda' got a Jerico...but hey, that's just me.
Absolutely! :D

The trans was a little tight at first but after a week of driving and about 10 passes at the track it loosened up nicely. My only complaint if any is that you have to shim the trans up to get rid of vibration and if you don't watch it you can crush the vent on the top causing fluid to push out past the half ass sealing job they do on the case. I would have loved a jerico instead but I'm on a limited budget and still have to get a poor mans tow vehicle. :D

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts