Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I am at a crossroad of whether to use my Cobra intake and retain my EGR system or use the sheet metal intake I recently purchased that has no port for the EGR valve to be attached to. I live in Florida so emissions are not an issue since inspections do not exist here. So what kind of problems can I expect upon deleting the system from the car thru my SCT chip.My sheetmetal intake for the B Heads has a port for the IAC and 4 3/8" inch tapped ports on back, that's it. Any and all feedback is much appreciated here. Thanks Tom

· Registered
408 Posts
the only reason i wouldn't do it (if it's a street car) is what i've read over the years that guys who have done it have complained of increased gases and smoke that might come from the engine area into the cabin. and also more oil residue on the engine and everywhere else under the hood.

race car? definitely

· Administrator
9,826 Posts
Don't forget, if you are supercharged, a significant amount of the deposits and gum that find their way into the blower, intercooler, and lower manifold come from the EGT valve. In Kalifornia, of course, it is mandatory, and the visible lack of an EGR valve will prevent you from passing smog. That means you can not remove it and pass smog. Of course, if it is present but malfunctioning that is a horse of a different color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts