Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
What were the mods on that car besides the obvious KB blower? What all did you guys do to give it such a huge increase of power? Was it just tuning or adding additional parts and/or boost? You guys seem to have the KB blower nailed down pretty good.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Sweet.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Whose chips do you use and are you tuning them or getting the progrmas from a main source? Im in Dallas so I'm glad to see others getting good results locally w/ KB's on 03's.. How much boost was that car running and what was the Delta P fuel pressure at the top of the pull?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jay had 579 rwhp the week after he installed the KB with the supplied chip and no tuning. His A/F was below 10 after 4500 rpm or so. I would hope he picked up the power after some tuning. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok

579 RWHP is about what we have seen out of the Basic KB install. But when you want a little extra you need to know where to take he car to have the job done right! Ask Jay. He has been everywhere in town. I won't slam othes shops on there crappy installs, wiring jobs,tuning,ect. Just glad to get him fixed up.
The car runs great!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Was that gain all tune or parts as well?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Jerry said:
Whose chips do you use and are you tuning them or getting the progrmas from a main source? Im in Dallas so I'm glad to see others getting good results locally w/ KB's on 03's.. How much boost was that car running and what was the Delta P fuel pressure at the top of the pull?

·
Registered
124 Posts
toofast4u said:
I left a message for Jay but it should be all tune as his car was loaded to begin with along with a 19lb pulley. He had not planned on putting a lower on it yet but who knows what Richard might have talked him into this week. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
toofast4u said:
Richard did a great job on Jay's car. The parts added were a Metco 100mm idler, NGK5 plugs, and a 19lb pulley setup (up from 17, but holds about 17lbs of boost in this weather). The majority of the power came from the tune only, he picked up almost 45 rwhp and 70 rwtq after Richard finished the tuning. The temp was in the mid 90's with almost the same humidity levels.

Hat's off to Richard. :king

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
That's a great web page that you guys set up there. Nice way to showcase different customers cars while flexing your tuning muscle for everyone to see.

Glad to see that other KB cars are making that kind of power.

But you guys need to graph the A/F on that dyno sheet!!

How much timing are you running in the tune? Is it a pump gas or race tune?

Anyway, VERY IMPRESSIVE WORK!!! Kuddos once again to Strictly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts