Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for the family to come here for the hoiday but had a minute and wanted to post.

There were eight 03 Cobras hanging and rolling around last night at the Toms River scene. It was awesome!

There was not any real racing because it was very cold and the night before Easter but still was great!

I got to lock ass with Franco's (xplicit) car a few times and MAN!! My car is a beast but his car is a beast with Kooks long tubes. And he was pulling on my ass up top!!

Both cars have 3" pulleys and very similar mods. But I have stock headers and Bassani x and catback. I am convinced that the cars are very close but he edges me out a bit up top. It's a testament to what long tubes really do while in battle....out on the road.

That's what matters most of all, unless you are looking for a dyno queen. And it's experiences like that that show you what the real deal is with mods and performance. Nothing compares to first-hand experience.

Franco's car, with the drag radials is a force to recon with and only the most modified of street cars have ANYTHING for him. But there's a couple of cars that still have too much for us out there...with street setups that is. It's OK because the score will be settled very soon.

I think that if I did not have such an awesome tune with Joe's Autologic chip, he would have REALLY pulled on me with that exhaust. But instead he only edges me out. Nonetheless, my impression of the Kooks long tubes was just redefined....bigtime.

·
Registered
244 Posts
hey Rich, sounds like you guys a had a blast. Sorry i couldn't make out to be w/ you guys. I talked to Franco and he said you guys were playing around alittle on the street. I would have loved to see that one :)
Next time we gotta line up 3 wide and have some fun.,.lol.,.

matt

·
Registered
64 Posts
re:

I need to come out where you are. I would love to race acouple guys there. sounds like it would be a good time. Do you know of americruise or the power tour. We are there major stop LINCOLN NEBRASKA. I told pete about it and his thinking of coming down, so it would only be right if some more would come too. I will soon have the pj's pride on the car (kennebell , tune by pete with a 60 shot) and would love to see first hand how he set up a couple of more cars josh

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ive gotta hit the seen out there sometime... ill get spanked by every other 03 but it will be good... Ive gotta get up to Philly one of these weekends and see whats going on up there...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had fun seeing the variety of imports and domestics hanging out. Every1 seemed responsible on the night..nice atmosphere..can't wait to see it in the summer. I'll say this right from the get go..cammed cars really mess with my head.

As for what was there..watching two Hondas race each other from a stop while we were all fueling up was funny as hell..what did they run..18s? There were some low riders putting on a spark show which was fun to watch. Not that many chics..altho the two that were getting gas at station seemed to take to JT really nicely..the blonde driving looked damn hot.

Pete was funny as always..funny as hell telling his stories..kept the night alive. 8 03 Cobras..with an approx. total of over 4300rwhp..DAYUM! Sean's personalized plate was great..reading that would make anyone think twice about racing him. Hey part of racing is psychology! I got to see my first Red Fire 03..all i can say is, it looks baddazz at night.

Hammer and i had some fun on our little mini cruise up and down the strip..Mustang GT had no chance and the Camaro....take a back seat..Hammer was all over that. I was a little disappointed that the Audi TT, umm i mean 350Z, didn't want to play, nor did the SS with racing stripes no less. Hammer..u rock dude..plain and simple. JT ended up doing the best burnout of the night :jawdrop His run with the Black 03 showed why he kicks @ss. You're a driving machine. Terminator, nuff said.

The red Mustang..Mike did an AWESOME job driving the 03 against it, barely lost!..kudos dude!

Easter is kicking into high gear now. Again, thanks for your generous hospitality lastnight Hammer. Happy Easter all.

Edit on 06/28/03 - Yo Umut this is for u bro, miss u and get back soon! Get your ass outta Russia before the "machine" freezes. ..next time I AM going to Russia with u..your stories of the girls there is making me jealous!! Take care mou :) MERABA.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Just got home from the easter festivities.
I'm a little bleary eyed since I got home ftom Toms River at 5:20 AM :D

I had a great time last night hanging with the fellas.

Next time we have to work on the canabilism. No sense taking on other stangs. Of course at least last night anyway, the Stangs were the kings of the hill, and no one in anything else wanted to play with us.

JT

·
Banned
572 Posts
Hammer !!!

WHAT A F-ING NIGHT DUDE YOU ARE THE KING !!!!

Got there about 11:00 and must have seen over a 1,000 street
racers,cars racing from light to light for 15 miles.

I had a blast! Yes it was verry cool to see 8 03 cobras in one place at the same time,and ready to roll with what ever came into play. I got to put a good run with that guy what's his name? (the guy that bought Hammers old ride) sorry...nice run his car had pully,chip,f-1's,stock pipes to my DR's,Bassani x and cat back,KN filter needless to say the pully did me in (my first flat all out street race in the 03) what a blast

JT thought you split when i did ? shit i should have hung out

it was cool hanning out with you guys looking forward to the next time (this saturday :D)
sean

Attachments

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my03svtcobra said:
Hammer !!!

WHAT A F-ING NIGHT DUDE YOU ARE THE KING !!!!

Got there about 11:00 and must have seen over a 1,000 street
racers,cars racing from light to light for 15 miles.

I had a blast! Yes it was verry cool to see 8 03 cobras in one place at the same time,and ready to roll with what ever came into play. I got to put a good run with that guy what's his name? (the guy that bought Hammers old ride) sorry...nice run his car had pully,chip,f-1's,stock pipes to my DR's,Bassani x and cat back,KN filter needless to say the pully did me in (my first flat all out street race in the 03) what a blast

JT thought you split when i did ? shit i should have hung out

it was cool hanning out with you guys looking forward to the next time (this saturday :D)
sean
His name is Steve, Sean. Watch out, he's good in my first child. He'll get ya if your not careful!

You ran very well too, man. It's gonna be REAL DIFFICULT for you to run down a pullied car with your stock pulley on there...regardless of the other mods.

Nonetheless, you looked very good racing. Car came out hard, the shifting was good...clean run.

Now you need to learn flat shifting my friend. LEARN IT! It's worth a few tenths easily. I'll not stop nagging you.

;)

Get that Viper out here too! I was promoised a drive in it.

Always a pleasure hanging with my bro's like Sean.

·
Banned
572 Posts
thats cool Frank your ride is bad ass FAT ASS DR's

O YEAH HAMMER :shootbird HOW ABOUT THEM TOLLS
HAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!:shootbird
sean

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Now thats how it should be, wish I could hear more of these head to head battles and what edges what out on the street rather than I made this horsepower and that torque today! Running cars with similar mods lets U know what works and what works a touch better, whether it be a certain mod or a better driver! U guys do it right out there, the street scene is a blast down here as well, good to see it!:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
And the cops never bug you guys?

Out here legistration is trying to pass a bill that calls for no questions asked immediate impounding of your car if caught in an illegal "speed contest".

I've only been caught once. Luckily he didn't take my car b/c he said I had a clean record. That was enough to make me stop. It's getting waaaaaaay too hot over here.

I would love to see a pack of 03s stalking the scene tho:D

Darren

Attachments

·
Banned
572 Posts
4V_GTS said:

Out here legistration is trying to pass a bill that calls for no questions asked immediate impounding of your car if caught in an illegal "speed contest".

I've only been caught once. Luckily he didn't take my car b/c he said I had a clean record. That was enough to make me stop. It's getting waaaaaaay too hot over here.

Darren
ouch

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
4V_GTS said:

Darren
That's what you get for living on the left coast.

;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well, we just have urban sprawl out the azz. It used to be that there were 4 great racing spots in my neck of the woods. Guys brought trailer cars, no houses were within miles so no noise to cause people to call the cops.

When I was 16, there were about 5 million people in the LA, Orange County and Ventura County area. Citrus groves and row crop farms created little greenbelts between cities. Now, 28 years later, there are about 12 million. My little city is only 30K people, but the cities that neighbor mine are 100K plus. You can't hardly get away from people anymore. Orange County was named that because of the Orange groves, but their gone now. Where Darren lives You can drive through over 100 miles of highway where houses line both sides and one city melts into another on the way to my house. And that same sprawl is killing tracks.

Have a little sympathy for us Hammer, I hear things like this are starting to happen in the East too.

Man, I wish some of these folks would catch a cab back to Nu Yawk City. Damn people didn't grow up driving a fast car to the beach, and hate everyone who did, and want to ruin it for everybody who might yet.

Rant over, I've had my share of Speed Contest and Exhibition of Speed and Power. Those days are behind me now

:banggears

·
Registered
229 Posts
Exhibition of Speed = Vehicle Seizure

Check this link to the San Diego City Attorneys office. At the top of the page, you'll see a news release dated 4/7/2003.

"A vehicle will be declared a nuisance and forfeited if the following three criteria are satisfied: (1) the
vehicle is used in a race or exhibition of speed; (2) the driver or the passenger is the registered owner, or a
member of the registered owner's immediate family, or lives at the same address as the registered owner; and
(3) the driver or passenger has a prior conviction for certain serious driving offenses such as reckless driving or
evading officers."

What's next, we take your vehicle for coming to San Diego in a performance car? How about I don't bring my performance car to your city, and all of the tourist dollars too. I can just see some cop deciding to seize my car 'cause I leave a light over the paint on the street and my tires chirp. Unreal!

All the text of the release is at the Clicky

1 - 16 of 16 Posts