Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this guys …

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/JBA-6632H

I've found this while searching for off-road h pipes. It's cheap, only 100$... And it says it's stainless and mandrel bent… even if it's aluminized I will jump all over it.

Should sound sick with my Bassani catback I got on my car, or with a Magnapacks mufflers.

My concerns about this h pipe that it might not fit with stock headers/shorty headers, and it is designed to fit with their JBA headers.. and even if it fits with shorty headers it might not fit good.. construction or fitment qualities.

Or what if the o2 bungs are placed wrong on the h pipe…. Guys any feedback on all that?

I'm not buying it anytime soon.. but I think If a lot of ppl jumped on this it might raise the price of this h pipe don't y'all think?:hmm: Oh well.. one for one and one for all… anything to help my fellow cobra owners.

:grin::beer:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Check out this guys …

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/JBA-6632H

I've found this while searching for off-road h pipes. It's cheap, only 100$... And it says it's stainless and mandrel bent… even if it's aluminized I will jump all over it.

Should sound sick with my Bassani catback I got on my car, or with a Magnapacks mufflers.

My concerns about this h pipe that it might not fit with stock headers/shorty headers, and it is designed to fit with their JBA headers.. and even if it fits with shorty headers it might not fit good.. construction or fitment qualities.

Or what if the o2 bungs are placed wrong on the h pipe…. Guys any feedback on all that?

I'm not buying it anytime soon.. but I think If a lot of ppl jumped on this it might raise the price of this h pipe don't y'all think?:hmm: Oh well.. one for one and one for all… anything to help my fellow cobra owners.

:grin::beer:
It looks like you need JBA headers, I think they might be like the bassani's in that they are like a mid length header. I dont think it would work with stock headers, that might be why they are so cheap because they cant sell any of them cause they only fit JBA headers.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If the picture is correct it will not work with stock manifolds

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I had that midpipe but in 3". They only fit JBA headers. It also sounded like a straight pipe crappy pickup truck under boost. I cut the H out and my friend welded in a 3" Prochamber and it sounds MUCH better.

"For Use With Jba-6622S, Jba-6622Sjt, Jba-6632S, Jba-6632Sjt, Jba-6625S,Jba-6625Sjt, Jba-6635S, & Jba-6635Sjt Headers"

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a slight doubt about if they are going to fit with my stock headers.

Is there anyone that is certain about whether these headers will won't fit stock headers cobra or not?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had that midpipe but in 3". They only fit JBA headers. It also sounded like a straight pipe crappy pickup truck under boost. I cut the H out and my friend welded in a 3" Prochamber and it sounds MUCH better.

"For Use With Jba-6622S, Jba-6622Sjt, Jba-6632S, Jba-6632Sjt, Jba-6625S,Jba-6625Sjt, Jba-6635S, & Jba-6635Sjt Headers"
I was having a fear of having this sound when i go with these h pipes. I think it depends on your mufflers and setup.

I had an h pipe in my 96 and loved the sound of it especially when i heard it driving by. Clean sound. had a mac mufflers in there.

Love the sound of my bassani but just wanted it a little louder so i figured why not get an H pipe without cats.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I had a slight doubt about if they are going to fit with my stock headers.

Is there anyone that is certain about whether these headers will won't fit stock headers cobra or not?
They WILL NOT fit stock or shorty headers! They only fit the JBA headers they list at the top of the add you posted. All I did was a search on that site for one of the JBA header part numbers and as you can see they are midlength headers.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Product/Search?q=Jba-6622S&vehicle=Mustang

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts