164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS this too good to be true??

03 cobra vert:
Triple Black
Used w/ 4,000 miles
drives and looks new
from a dealership.... $33,500

I ran a car fax and it came up really clean.. hs been titled but never registered. Dealer said the guy couldn't make payments on it. Is there any way to check to see what warrenty claims have been made on this cobra?? I have the vin #.

Just so hard to believe, I've only seen coups at this price, and the verts all around $39k.

Thanks guys... Hoping to be a terminator owner soon...
:blob

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I don't think 33k is that great a price? Some dealer in my area was selling a used 03 for around 31k and I thought that was even too much?

·
Registered
131 Posts
if ya wanna spend 33k get a gt and put 9k in it... i bet you'll be way over 390 and i am positive you'll have more torque. and insurance will be about half the price.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, cause in my area (philadelphia) the same car normally goes for 39k used.. I've seen many.. and the new ones go for over 42 (the verts that is). I've seens slightly used coupes for 29-31k. I ran a car fax and it came back completely clean.. it's been titled, but never registered as anything. What does that mean to you guys? Is there any way to run a check to see if any warrenty claims have been made on it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm with Kevin. :shocked

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry.... my mistake. I don't have a vert. That's what I get for trying to do too many things at once. I figured that I did get quite a deal compared to what I have heard. Sorry again if I caused anyone chest pains.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think Kevin was referring to the post about buying a GT and putting 9k in it. You also have to remember the 03 has a T56, better brakes,IRS (good to some, bad to some) plus a few more items.

·
Registered
511 Posts
That price is not that great nor is it that bad, but unless this is the car then you can afford to shop or haggle on that one.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Silver - yep, I was referring to the GT. Although you can get 390hp out of the gt I do not think its worth buying over the cobra.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where have you guys seen other cobra verts for 30k ish?? If so, I'd love to see them and go shop around.. I've just never seen one this cheap and am willing to travel a resonable distence. I'm in the Philadelphia Area. Also, this one, happens to be exactly what i want.. the right colors options etc... etcc... but cheaper is always better....

Thx!:blob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts