Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I toke my car today to Holman Ford in Mount Laurel and told them that I feel a vibe at 75+MPH and the advisor stated that he could not do anything about this because his vehicle testing equipment would only allow a test up to 60MPH or so. I said, "what if a tech comes along with me and rides in the car and then he determines that it does vibrate". He stated, "that would not help much because I don't know what is causing the vibe and would not be able to test it. You are going to have to go to a speed shop to fix this." He also stated that he will put down on the service sheet that the vibration is a highway speeds and he will see what they can do and do their best about fixing it. I stated to him that other people have had this problem and have gotten it fixed. He said they would try their best. At this point I’m like inside and saying "whatever". So, they take my car and I get a wonderful Chevy 4dr cavalier to drive...

The service guy just called me and stated that the tech took a ride in the car and they felt the vibration at 45mph. He basically called letting me know that the service guys pulled up a tech bulletin on this problem and it states to replace the whole rear-end. He was skeptical about doing this because he doesn’t want to put the money out and for the vibe to still be there and have him look like an ass. It seems like he got mad at me cause he was like, "you didn’t state any vibration at 45mph, and maybe it was the fact that you just noticed the vibration more a higher speeds" I then tell him that I had a Honda Prelude before this so the transition was different and it could have been that I thought that the little vibration that I felt at that speed seemed like it should have been their due to the cars power and rigid ness. He asks me if I want them to change the rear and I told them to go ahead...

we left it there and we will see how it turns out... hopefully this will be the fix...

did anyone else have to change the rear-end and it fixed the vibration?

thanks,
geo

G

·
They are a good Dealership to deal with. Hopfully all turns out well.

I wonder what happens to these IRS rears that have a so called vibration? Do the Ford Mechanics get them at very low discount prices or what? Sure would pay for some of these mechanics/shop formans, that are also into hot rodding mustangs, to warranty items like this to get either the used unit or a new one. Just wondering how this works.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
111 Posts
Let us know how you make out i also have the vibe and was told it was the rear.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill let you all know... they also mentioned that it will only take 2days... that is good to know but seems quick...

·
Registered
521 Posts
HRH, I bet it gets shipped back. Man, how would I love to get ahold of about half-dozen half shafts for dirt cheap!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
They are a good Dealership to deal with. Hopfully all turns out well.

I wonder what happens to these IRS rears that have a so called vibration? Do the Ford Mechanics get them at very low discount prices or what? Sure would pay for some of these mechanics/shop formans, that are also into hot rodding mustangs, to warranty items like this to get either the used unit or a new one. Just wondering how this works.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
When I worked at Porsche/Ferrari, all warranty parts were set aside to be picked up. If they were simply tossed, Ford would have no way I knowing if they were getting ripped off. Additioinally, someone looks at the defect and hopefully takes steps to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When i picked up the car on Wednesday night i found out that they put 65MILES on my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so pissed off and got the name and number for the service manager.

I called the service manager first thing Thursday morning and explained the whole situation to him. He said he will look into it and get back to me.

He calls me back and states that they tech worked on the car from 8:14 to 12:21. The tech went on two local trips to try and locate the problem which were two 12 mile trips to equal 24miles. Then the tech and the shop forman when on a drive together on Rt295 and tried to find the problem and couldnt, a 15mile trip. The return use something on the car and go back out for anther trip on 295 - 15 more miles. Come back, do something else and take it out once again for 15 more miles...

The manager stated that he has worked with the forman for 14 years and would take very care of my car and not go joy riding with it. He also stated that the reason for all of the trips was due to the fact that they could not isolate the problem between the driveshaft and rear. I am hoping that they are correct when they figured it was the rear and it will fix the problem.

I will keep you all posted...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts