Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the cats off the stang today, just doing some experimenting. Should I buy some MIL eliminators for the rear O2's or can I shut them off with my X3? I'm having the car retuned in a month or so after the I/C install, will this change anything? I'm under the understanding that if I put MIL eliminators on it now and leave them on it through the dyno tune I'll be good to go and eventually down the line when I want to put my cats back on, I can just pull the MIL-E's and slid ethe cats back on and be all set for inspection. Does that sound right or am I way off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive been using the long spark plug non-foulers with my rear 02's hooked up and enabled for the last 2 months and no CEL light yet, so they seem to be working and would pass emissions unless the garage physically looks for the cats. Then it would fail. If CT uses an ODB system for emissions like PA then also remember that if you have a CEL sometimes it takes up to 120 miles of driving for the car to be ready to pass emissions.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
You can just shut it off using your X3.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
I haven't messed with mine for a while. But it should be something like this, Edit tune>User adjustments, then you'll be prompted with various adjustments, scroll through the list and then you should find one thats says, Turn off rear 02s.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't messed with mine for a while. But it should be something like this, Edit tune>User adjustments, then you'll be prompted with various adjustments, scroll through the list and then you should find one thats says, Turn off rear 02s.
cool, I'll give it a shot when I get home today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts