Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the stall speed is for a '96+ Stang GT? I'm thinking about swapping one into my 'Bird, along with the appropriate flex plate and i'm wondering if i'll get much out of it. I know i'll benefit from increased rev capabilities, but i'm not sure about the S/S. Is there a difference on the PI-equipped cars?
Also, has anyone done this? What's the result?

There's no way I can afford to get a new (custom) unit made, i've seen anywhere from $500 to $900 US$$$ - can't justify that.
Thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
They are 'spensive but my customers 94 GT picked up a second (14.7 to 13.7) with the same mile per hour with a PI Converter. Thats a big change for a mild 5.0. On the 4.6 in a heavier Bird it would make much bigger change, especially for all the work to swap factory converters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it's not exactly a small task, especially for stock parts, but i'm broke.....well nearly. So far, from what i've read/heard the PI seems to be the most popular converter out there, usually backed with the best results.

So, anyone? 2400, 2600, maybe, somewhere around there? I just want to know if it would be worth my while, that's all.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts