Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in a few weeks i am going to be going to the track. I am going to tow my car but i dont know where to tie it down from. Iwas hoping that maybe some you that have done this before can give me heads up on where to tie dwon from?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
We ran the tow straps right through the wheels. One through the front 2 and one through the back 2. The idea is to tie down the car at a point that will not "bounce". If the car bounces down the road it can loosen the straps or cut them (Ive had that happen).

·
Registered
41 Posts
We ran the tow straps right through the wheels. One through the front 2 and one through the back 2. The idea is to tie down the car at a point that will not "bounce". If the car bounces down the road it can loosen the straps or cut them (Ive had that happen).
I agree, through the wheels. I use 4 straps and cross the rears in an X pattern and the fronts in an X pattern. Car can't move.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I wrap my front straps through my a arms and my rears around my sway bar and my car doesnt move at all.

If your trailer is wood it doesnt take much to hold it. Mine is steel and never moves at all. I have drive it from GA to CO that way with no issues also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts