Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new drag radials. These things are huge. 315/35/18's. They measure 12 7/8 inches wide. They are an inch wider than my 305/35/18 nitto dr's. Has anyone mounted a 315/35/18 on a 10.5 inch rim? I know they will fit with the offset i have but i am worried they will stick out farther than the 1/4 inch i was thinking. Do you think the tires will narrow a little when they are mounted?

·
Registered
545 Posts
i would think they would a little but that is a huge ture. so youknow if they make one for the 20's. all i know of is nitto and the cheapest i have found one for is about $300

·
Registered
193 Posts
i have the 305/35/20 nitto drag with steeda 20x9.5 with 45 offset and they dont stick out at all the look bad ass when you look at it from the rear..

later,james

·
Registered
545 Posts
i am thinking about the 275 seance i have an 8.5" wheel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update. Here are the pics. I took a chance and mounted the tires. They are perfect for the D.D. rims with the 45mm offset. They may stick out about 1/8th inch but it looks nice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
305/35/20 nitto drags dont look that bad ass from the back ill get a pic as soon as i can get it out when the snow is done.i should of went with the 18 and that tire..

·
Registered
848 Posts
Does anyone know if the Toyo DR uses the same compound as the Nitto DR?

·
Registered
637 Posts
They do look badass man, I have a question though... Why did you go for the Toyo's you got and not the Toyo 888R ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thats a wide tire. What is the height? It looks shorter than your front tire.
Those tires sure have a lot of tread lines in them for drag radials. The Mickey Thompsons have minimal treads in comparison. I wonder what type of 60 you will get with them?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I run the MT drag in 315/30 18 on an 10.5 inch wide rim......they look as good and wide as those toyos and dont stick out at all. The MTs are pricey ...how much were the Toyos

·
Registered
73 Posts
i'm seeing the toyo's going for roughly $240 a tire. Pretty damn cheap if you ask me. Even the MT radials are not too shabby, compared at a high perf. street tire

·
Registered
388 Posts
Do they clear the fenders on hard launches? Any track time?
I have the Nitto 315/35/17 on a 10.5 wide rear wheel and have no issues with them on the strip if that helps.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the Nitto 315/35/17 on a 10.5 wide rear wheel and have no issues with them on the strip if that helps.
Which Nittos are you running? I just recently got Nitto NT05 315/35/20s on my car. No rubbing with Steeda Sport springs, among lots of other suspension stuff, and 20x10" American Racing Rogues. However, it seems like these Nitto NT05s run even smaller than most Nittos which is disappointing. Nitto has always run small but these run even smaller!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts