Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the car is running pretty good but I decided to check the voltage one last time. I have zero tps voltage. Why is this or how can this happen? Yes, I do know how to test it. Thanks for the help

G

·
If you can..check your TPS setting and make sure its in the .96 to 1.00 reading. Just take 2 pins and stick each in the tps's light gray wire with 1 white stripe and in the light gray with 1 red stripe. Turn your key to the on position without the car running. Hook up your volt meter (red to white striped wire and black to the red striped wire) Then you can see where its set at. Hopfully this helps. Hard to explain over the internet. I have a BilletFlow TB and Manifold and with my 2.80 upper pulley and 6 lb lower I had to adjust my reading. It was as high as 102....Idled high...with the setting down lower than 96 it idles real low and doesnt really have that higher idle for a second so the computer catches up before it stalls. So I keep mine at the 100 setting now and it works awesome! If your stock..you should be able to loosen up the 2 allenhead screws that hold the TPS and move it counter clockwise to decrease the volts and clockwise to increase. I had to do some custom widening of the holes that the screws go through to get the correct reading. Had to move it counterclockwise quite abit. But it was all very well worth it. It runs just awesome now!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
If you can..check your TPS setting and make sure its in the .96 to 1.00 reading. Just take 2 pins and stick each in the tps's light gray wire with 1 white stripe and in the light gray with 1 red stripe. Turn your key to the on position without the car running. Hook up your volt meter (red to white striped wire and black to the red striped wire) Then you can see where its set at. Hopfully this helps. Hard to explain over the internet. I have a BilletFlow TB and Manifold and with my 2.80 upper pulley and 6 lb lower I had to adjust my reading. It was as high as 102....Idled high...with the setting down lower than 96 it idles real low and doesnt really have that higher idle for a second so the computer catches up before it stalls. So I keep mine at the 100 setting now and it works awesome! If your stock..you should be able to loosen up the 2 allenhead screws that hold the TPS and move it counter clockwise to decrease the volts and clockwise to increase. I had to do some custom widening of the holes that the screws go through to get the correct reading. Had to move it counterclockwise quite abit. But it was all very well worth it. It runs just awesome now!

harry.you are the man that is the best detailed description i have seen on the tps voltage issue so maybe i will finally get a reading and see where i stand:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts