Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to install my new Throttle Body and Intake Plenum.

Can someone please explain, for a non-electrical person like myself, how to check the TPS voltage after installation with a Fluke?

Any other installation tips?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Do a search on here for TPS, HotRodHarry had the best step by step procedure, including which wires to probe, it should answer all your Questions!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
TPS is sensitive.

Toolk a bit of fiddling but it pays to get the TPS at .975-.985 Volts after you get the throttle screw set.

mike69440

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm doing my throttle body tomorrow. I used my autotap to check out the factory TPS setting, and it's 1.0V.

Accufab also claims the throttle setting is made from the factory. I guess we will see tomorrow.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hate to sound like a real dipstick here, but has anyone got a picture of where the TPS voltage adjustment screws/wires are on the engine, that they could post ? I'll be purchasing a new TB with plenum soon and I just would like to have a little more info. to assist in the installation. You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks guys!! ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the info. Doug. I was seriously considering your unit as it is a very nice piece and has had a lot of good comments from many on these boards. I may be in touch real soon. My wife is looking to figure out what she can get me for my Birthday. I told her she could have whatever she wants in the world for hers, so I think a good TB with plenum would fall within the range of what I could get for mine. Of course she is still thinking real hard about what she wants, so I'll have to make a decision pretty soon before I don't have any money left for me :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'll try to get you a pic tomorrow. I did the install a yesterday. You need a 13mm mid deep socket. If you don't have the righ socket, you'll never get the old tb off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts