Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took my car to the track lastnight for the first time in a couple of months. I just got it back last week. After having LTs, O/R X, Spec II clutch and a tranny installed. So needless to say I was very rusty. I did run a new best but it was no where near what it should have been. I went [email protected] a 1.777 60ft and 83.278 half track. Just need to practice, if my 60ft was good my shifting was bad and vise versa, o well what can you do but practice :) I then let my friend drive it who races at least one day a week and he also weighs a lot less then I do. Well he manages to rip off a [email protected] a 1.679 60ft and that was early in the night, who knows what he would have ran later in the night. I was happy that my car is going so fast. Now I just need to figure out what is causing my SES light to come on. I can't wait to get back out to the track. I should be running 12s next time out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hmmm... :confused:

with the mods in your sig.. you should be in the low 12's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are NA Numbers from the track last time not n20. :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Very nice N/A times. I'm in the process of building the rear now for slicks with 4.10's, to include some torqe box and axles tube welding and a pair of MAC Longtubes! I will surely see some 12.80's

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TruBlu01 said:
Very nice N/A times. I'm in the process of building the rear now for slicks with 4.10's, to include some torqe box and axles tube welding and a pair of MAC Longtubes! I will surely see some 12.80's
Thanks. 12.80s you should be there with the LTs and 4.10s I hope to be there soon with some better driving. BTW what N2O kit are you running.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I was running the NX Kit, 100 shot. Missed 4th blew the intake because of a bad window switch. I replaced the intake for $100 and relized, I just can't afford to loose a motor at this time, so it's sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great times man:cool: I can't wait 2 get a set of exhaust on my car so that i can see those MPH numbers on the motor.How do you like the noszle kit? I have 1 to and i love it (just wanna see other people think about it) oh were those times on slicks or DR?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those times are on ET Streets. From what little I've used the nozzle kit, I like it. I just need to get a purge and find the right bottle pressure and I will be good to go. Right now I'm only seeing about 7tenths and 7mph out of the 100shot. Thats with the bottle at 950 and no purge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
7 MPH only that odd but anyways why only run a 100 shot? I don't even like the 125 shot. yeah i got a bottle heater and the purge kit and with that the car will pick up once you get the bottle 2 a good preassure and the lines cleared out anyways good times and i cant wait 2 see what ya get out of it on the spray

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What times are you running on the 125shot? Did you upgrade the fuel pump and get a dyno tune. I'm looking at doing both of those soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No i never got a dyno tune nore did i get a fuel system for a 125 shot.It wasn't needed but i'm sure the car would have made more power with those mods. about track times on the spray nah i never got a chance 2 race the car on the spray do 2 the fact that i would use all my spray sat night street racing.but I will have n20 passes at the track one day.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I used a NX Kit with 100 shot on my previous stock motor with Long tube BBK, x-Pipe and Borla Cat back, 3:73 gears, on 19" Wheels best time was 12.93 @112.mph, I went back to the track with a bottle warmer , purge kit and BF Drag radials 275/60/15, and leaving the line at 3500 best time dropped to 12.23 @ 113.54. I only regret not going back with slicks to see what times I could have gotten leaving at 4500 and spray!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to Etown Friday night. Even though 2 Fast 2 Furious started, there were still a ton of imports crowding up the the place. Here is what I ran:

First pass:
Temp 73
Humidity 64
Barometer 29.53
R/T .512(Etown is a .500 light)
60 2.117
330 5.819
1/8 8.869
mph 80.16
1000 11.491
ET 13.702
MPH 101.93

Second pass:
Temp 68
Humidity 75(getting worse!!!)
Barometer 29.59
.511 R/T
2.093 60
5.786 330
8.831 1/8
80.53 mph
11.449 1000
13.659 ET
102.03 MPH

Third run-missed a gear.

First pass I lifted and shifted
Second pass I Powershifted 1-2 and then Lifted and Shifted the rest.
I am going to powershift all gears and see if it helps. The car chirps loudly on the 3-4 shift so i cannot imagine a powershift making it that much better

Car weighed 3422 with me in it.(no spare and jack)
All runs were on the factory Goodyears. if no one buys this car. The NOS System is going on and a set of BFG Drags for a little traction.

What do you think this car would run on the gun????

·
Registered
810 Posts
If your running 102mph now on muscle with the spray you should pick up at least 10 mph on 100 shot, Do the math. On spray just speed shift dont powershift your not going to go any faster, Also dont over rev past 5600 to 5700 rpm's your not makeing any power at that rpm anyway so dont buzz it that high, you run the risk of breaking something. You mentioned a nitrous kit make sure you put a window switch to kill the spray at 5600 rpm's.
Nitrous is alot of fun , just make sure you do it right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 05116 dry kit. It has a window switch but I think it is set for 2600-ON and 6000-OFF.

NOS claims it is for stock 4.6 2v motors. Infact they claim that if aftermarket injectors and/or fuel pump are used sever engine damage will occur.

The kit is calibrated for stock motors.

I think i am selling the car. Not much potential in it. Compared to the old Fox bodied 5.0 cars. Maybe I should have bought a Cobra???

·
Registered
810 Posts
You know Ive had 6 different stangs and have done just about everything to them. I wanted a old 5.0 , but the new cars look so good and if you play around with engine combinations there great to drive and you can squeez some power out of the mod motors, sure its more $ than the old 5.0, but its fun to tweak them.
Im not sure how a aftermarket injector can be bad for the nos kit , More fuel is safer, basically its all in how you tune it. See if you can change the window switch to shut off at 5600 or 5700 rpms. After several dyno runs on spray , believe me you not doing much past that rpm range. The power curve falls quick.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I found why I was only picking up 7mph and 7tenths. One of my jets had some garbage in it. Anyway's I took out the 100 jets and put the 125s in. Just waiting to put a fuel pump in before I run it again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts