Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 cobra with a 3650 tremec pushing a bit over 500hp at the wheels. It has finally come time for me to mount up the ET streets and take it back to the track. I am concerned with stories I hear of Flywheels coming through the floorboard and taking your leg off (Don't laugh:shootbird ).

Is this something I should be concerned with and if so what can I do to protect myself from it happening? I feel pretty confident that my tranny won't hold up long on ET streets and I am not worried about that, I am concerned with safety. Any help is much appreciated.

Razor.;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
akatherazor4 said:
I have a 2001 cobra with a 3650 tremec pushing a bit over 500hp at the wheels. It has finally come time for me to mount up the ET streets and take it back to the track. I am concerned with stories I hear of Flywheels coming through the floorboard and taking your leg off (Don't laugh:shootbird ).

Is this something I should be concerned with and if so what can I do to protect myself from it happening? I feel pretty confident that my tranny won't hold up long on ET streets and I am not worried about that, I am concerned with safety. Any help is much appreciated.

Razor.;)
I'm no expert, but it's my understanding that high-horsepower manual trans cars are always at risk for this type of occurence.

If it really worries you, purchase a shatter-proof bellhousing.
(Not sure if one is currently available for the 3650 though)

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Transmission and safety related Q's

Angus said:
I'm no expert, but it's my understanding that high-horsepower manual trans cars are always at risk for this type of occurence.

If it really worries you, purchase a shatter-proof bellhousing.
(Not sure if one is currently available for the 3650 though)
Ya I'm not sure if one is available either. Also if one was available and I did install it, then the tranny broke, I'm outta luck. My thoughts are to switch to a TKO when my 3650 breaks. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks for your help.

Razor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts