Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ihave a tranny problem maybe you can help me fix...so i go to work yesterday and if any of you have seen, its been pretty cold in NC the last few days. i get to work fine, but when i leave i find it very VERY difficult to get the car into first gear. i dont slam it into gear but i get it into first and come to find out EVERY gear is hard to get into. i live maybe 10 miles from work so right before i get home i notice its slightly easier to get it into gear and pretty normal getting it out of gear. so today i see that its pretty low on fluid so i fill her up and it shifts fine for a minute( while the car is OFF) and it shifts fine. i bolt everything back up and start the car and it wont let me in any gear. it grinded thrid and fifth and reverse trying to gently put it in gear...... so im dumbfounded b/c i dont know where the hell these problems arose from especially since i was supposed to be trading it in in 3 days for a new car......dammit....

oh my car has 168,000 on it, tranny and motor.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
Try flushing the trans and using new fluid. A lot of these trans grind when cold. GM syncromesh seems to help a lot. Good luck.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i get under the car and open up the box on the side of the tranny. i get my friend to push the clutch pedal in and out and notice that its not disengaging all the way. it is some but not enough for me to shift any without grinding. im thinking i may need one of those firewall adjusters from steeda may do the trick. is there anyway of adjusting our clutch cables without that?

·
Registered
105 Posts
so i get under the car and open up the box on the side of the tranny. i get my friend to push the clutch pedal in and out and notice that its not disengaging all the way. it is some but not enough for me to shift any without grinding. im thinking i may need one of those firewall adjusters from steeda may do the trick. is there anyway of adjusting our clutch cables without that?
Not that I know of. I had the same issue with my trans t3650. I flushed the trans and installed the steeda firewall adj. and it fixed my issue. Hope it's not to late for you. Sometimes it causes pre-mature clutch wear as it did to my buddy's car. Good luck!! Very easy install by the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts