Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive been holding out on fixing my clutch but after putting it on a cammed full bolt on ls2 GTO tonight, the trans is squealing like a pig and its even worse when I engage the clutch.

Im getting my Transmission Rebuilt by a Local Performance Shop, with the works. Carbon Fiber Syncros, 26 Spline, New TOB, New Slider keys and Bronze Pads...ect.

Im debating on going with a either a Ram HDT Clutch or a Spec III+ Clutch? What you guys recommend?

Also whats the difference besides price on the 26 spline offered by Liberty and D&D?

And What Throwout Bearing should I run? the Centerforce or the Ford Racing?

And What adjusters to get? I have none right now.

- Thanks, Bash.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
i have had both and believe it or not i would choose the ram powergrip hd-great clutch:tip:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Powergrip HDT is a great clutch, mine has taken 50+ 5500rpm launches at the track and still drives smooth on the street. I do have a steel flywheel which helps smoothness on the street and hits hard at the track.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
the squealing was probably just the throwout bearing & input shaft sleeve.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am running a Fidinza Alum. Flywheel and a spec 3+ clutch with a liberty 26 spline and spec TB. I love it at the track but a very slight chatter once in a while on the street. I launch at 5200 no sweat. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm so Ram HDT/Fidanza Flywheel or Zoom Twin Disk? The difference is irrelevant ($250??) or so. What what you guys pick?

The thing is, is that the car is a daily driver. So I need something that is going to last?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What ever clutch you choose go with a steel flywheel, the extra mass makes whatever clutch you pick just that much easier to drive.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Had the Stage 3+ in a couple different cars with great results both times. Never had a Ram clutch. I also liked the Fidanza aluminum flywheel too. I didn't want to give up the mph or two on the big end with the steel flywheel, which is something to consider, mph -vs- a harder hit on launch if you need it.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Had the Stage 3+ in a couple different cars with great results both times. Never had a Ram clutch. I also liked the Fidanza aluminum flywheel too. I didn't want to give up the mph or two on the big end with the steel flywheel, which is something to consider, mph -vs- a harder hit on launch if you need it.
Some have reported higher mph with the steel fw because of the hard hit not only on the launch, but on every upshift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts