Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is the tri-ax to install/adjust on the T56? Can someone give me a quick rundown? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
It's cake. Pulling off the shifter bezel is the hardest part IMO. The rest is just bolts and a lil RTV.

It's also a GREAT time to change the tranny fluid too. Drain it under the car, and fill through the shifter hole. Use a funnel and go slow. Filling the tranny back up is usually the tough part. With the shifter off, that's moot.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IWRBB said:
It's cake. Pulling off the shifter bezel is the hardest part IMO. The rest is just bolts and a lil RTV.

It's also a GREAT time to change the tranny fluid too. Drain it under the car, and fill through the shifter hole. Use a funnel and go slow. Filling the tranny back up is usually the tough part. With the shifter off, that's moot.
Thanks for the tip, does it come with instructions?

I will pass on the tranny fluid though, dont even have 150 miles on it yet :) and since if just snowed and they dumped a bunch of salt down I likely wont get it out for another week, hope we get a good rain in the next few days....damn weather :(

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Heh heh, I put mine on backwards the first time! I though the engraved tri-ax emblem was supposed to face me. Turns out, it's supposed to face the radio. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
03Steve said:
Heh heh, I put mine on backwards the first time! I though the engraved tri-ax emblem was supposed to face me. Turns out, it's supposed to face the radio. :)
lololol.,.i did the same thing as you steve, i thought i was the only one who did that.,.lol,I was like what the heck is wrong w/ this damn thing :) Finally figured out that it was backwards,.lol, it works a lot better when it is on the right way
:D

Matt

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
03Steve said:
hehe, I will keep that in mind :)

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
I think the engravers at steeda did it as a practical joke!

Engraver #1, "Ya know what would be a funny trick?" Engraver #2, "Put locktite on the stops?" Engraver #1, "Ha ha, yeah! Or, get this...we can put the company logo on the WRONG side of the shifter!" Engraver #2, "................HA HA HA HA!! They'll never get into the top gears that way! HA HA HA HA!!"

:damnit

:D

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, and here I thought I was asking kind of a dumb question but as it turns out even the simplest mods can have some gotcha's :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
i know what you guys mean! damn logo.

but if i remember correctly, my old tri-ax on my 95 had the logo facing me!? what happened!?

i changed my tranny fluid today...total time for taking the shifter off, filling the tranny, and putting it back on was 20 mins

m.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts