Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried my buddys pamr-4bank Diablo file last night in my car and it felt pretty comparible to mine, he has a higher mph 120.7 with this tune than I do but he doesnt have my et (his best is 11.51) not sure if it would have felt better or worse after a few driving cycles compared to my current Diablo race tune or not. We are planning to swap tunes next time at the track and see what the hard results are, I have been wonderin about my mph for some time now and especially now that Blwn03's car is trapping the same in the 1/8 but is almost 4mph higher in the 1/4. My race tune has alot of timing (25.9) and an A/F of 12's up to 12.5 @ 6500, just wondering if a tune with a little less timing and more fuel would help my car out on the big end???? I also tried Broke7's tune in my car a month or so ago and we agreed my tune felt a bit better, something is causing my car to lay down up top compared to others still not sure what it is??? Any guesses???????

·
Registered
262 Posts
trey193 said:
Tried my buddys pamr-4bank Diablo file last night in my car and it felt pretty comparible to mine, he has a higher mph 120.7 with this tune than I do but he doesnt have my et (his best is 11.51) not sure if it would have felt better or worse after a few driving cycles compared to my current Diablo race tune or not. We are planning to swap tunes next time at the track and see what the hard results are, I have been wonderin about my mph for some time now and especially now that Blwn03's car is trapping the same in the 1/8 but is almost 4mph higher in the 1/4. My race tune has alot of timing (25.9) and an A/F of 12's up to 12.5 @ 6500, just wondering if a tune with a little less timing and more fuel would help my car out on the big end???? I also tried Broke7's tune in my car a month or so ago and we agreed my tune felt a bit better, something is causing my car to lay down up top compared to others still not sure what it is??? Any guesses???????
Me too trey. Im flat after 5700 rpm. Im sure its costing some ET.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am beginning to think its too much timing as well BJ. I was told to splash 100 octane with 93 with this tune but on the night it ran well it had mostly all 93 and very little 100 in it. So you think the car would pick up with say 23 degrees which is what I have heard most of the guys running??

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
bjherron said:
WAY too much timing, even on race gas.
I would agree, depending. On my bone stock '03, I've found that the difference between 24/25 degrees to 27/28 degrees is less than 2 rwhp on pump 93 (no detonation or pinging, even in this dreaded heat we have here). IMHO, the extra timing is not worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts