Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 1997 4.6L 2V Stroker motor with a Romeo block. I read that the stock trigger wheel needs to be replaced, I'm interested in purchasing an Accufab Billet Trigger Wheel Part Number CTS. I've also read somewhere that there's been some problems with this trigger not working with certain motors. I was wondering if this certain trigger wheel will work on my build? If not, does anyone know of one that does work?

·
Registered
273 Posts
For my build I purchased a new 2002 stamped steel one from Ford. A new one from Ford should be fine for 6500 or less rpms. I believe that there are two different trigger wheel fitments.

There are two different dimension trigger wheels I believe. Think that the gear thickness or front cover differences causes the need for different trigger wheels.

Edit: regarding the accufab part, anything accufab will be good! Check with them for fitment.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Only use the Ford stamped one with the thicker crank gear, the early cast ones cracked and that is why Accufab had to step to the plate. With the newer stamped trigger wheel there are no other worries now all the way to 11,000RPM

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which crank trigger is the best to use when completing a PI swap. I also have the trickflow adjustable crank gears. I got those from you Nick when I got my cams a few weeks ago stage 2P.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts