Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
2V powered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late December I decided to kinda rebuild the car. New shortblock with fresh teksid, same cobra crank, Molnar Turbo rods, custom 3.557 Racetec pistons, same 38 cc TF heads, new custom cams and a slightly modified Reichard Racing intake. Then while I was waiting on parts to arrive I decided to remove weight from the car. I bought a 417 motorsports front tubular section, flaming river manual rack and their shaft kit. I choose a strange master cylinder for the manual brake swap. I've replaced the factory steering column and wheel. I've removed all the factory wiring from the engine bay and under the dash. I've removed half the frame work for the dash. Removed all the padding under carpet and on the firewall. I removed the lambo door kit. It weighed 32lbs alone. I remover the door crash bar. Also removed the rear crash bar and everything attached to it.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
That's badass!!

·
2V powered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The block machining and balancing are gonna happen next week.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Looks great. How hard was it to cut the front off and go tubular? Did you just weld tabs on to bolt the fenders back on? Would love a few close up shots of that if you don't mind?

·
2V powered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sawzall made quick work in cutting it off. The 417 motorsports section comes with the tabs already to mound the fenders, lower bumper cover and the headlight panel.

·
Administrator
9,392 Posts
Very nice looking pistons there y2k.

The full slipper skirt design provides improved support and a more uniform cylinder wall loading. I can't tell for sure w/o seeing the bottom side of the piston but, it looks like you might have gone with a zero offset pin. Nice choice if you did.

Can't wait to see how this builds out. Nice build plan and impressive craftsmanship.

Ed

·
Registered
466 Posts
Keep this updated with pics.. I'm digging this project that you've undertaken.

ks

·
2V powered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I lost 33lbs with it. I do drive it on the street. I will still drive it the same amount on the street as I did, but it is not my daily car. I have 4 other daily drivers.

Here I installed some no drill hood struts.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Love the hood latch buttons.
I'm assuming you eliminated the stock latch altogether?

Very nice!

·
2V powered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, stock latch is gone. Here is where I'm at with the car now. I've bought a new pair of Precision 6466 turbos. I will be picking them up tomorrow. Waiting for my shortblock to be finished and been waiting 11 weeks on new custom cams. I still have to wire everything, bleed the brakes and front end alignment.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts