Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I love the electronics that you're doing with the dash!

:band:

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
This is so awesome. I am glad to see you getting back at this beast.

·
2V powered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The car is all wired up now. I completely removed all the factory wiring. Then used this wiring to hook up the lights, turn signals. brake lights and the power windows. I did have someone come over and do this wiring. I helped by watching.... I using the Holley efi for boost control. I also have holley activating the transbrake along with the bump. The bump is setup with 3 relays through the holley. That is what the buttons are for on steering wheel. The 3 switches below the panel are left..power window- turn signals- right ..power window.
https://flic.kr/p/Yqejtt https://flic.kr/p/DV3aPi Finally took it off the stands.
https://flic.kr/p/23yZDjV

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I did a partial wire tuck, and to be honest, I though hard about just ripping all the wires out and going the route you did. I got the distribution block in the fender, and like you, I have an HP TT kit. I am going to have to keep an eye on how hot things get with that box.

I am considering the 3 relay bump setup, but I'm thinking the one will suit me just fine for now.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
The 3 relay bump takes two inputs and 3 outputs. Here was my first time testing it.

I've got the Dominator with the I/O harness, Input Harness, and Output harness. I'll have enough I/O's, but with all the wiring I've got ahead of me, the thought of cutting a few extra connections off the task list seems like a good thing. Of course, when all is said and done, I am sure it would be worth the extra effort.

When I was in the 25 range, I tested my transbrake right after installing my 4r70w (opened the wastegates) in my garage. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I probably did it 10 times and never considered the consequences. Now that I'm older, your video scares the **** out of me. LOL

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
You've done well with that car over the years, and I'm just happy to see it alive again.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Saw this one on Facebook last night. The plate definitely suits it.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Looks like the turbos moved. Looking badass!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
When I go to my spare engine (GT heads) I plan to swap turbo kits around. My up-pipes and downpipes look like poop.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Looks good to me. I've been keeping an eye out for a deal on the longtube design for what seems like forever. I even tracked down Nathan from HP and asked if he would make me the stuff on the side, but he never responded. I would really like to put a pair of turbos in the grill, so that's probably what I'll do when the time comes.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
That's rolling out for sure!

·
Administrator
1965 Superformance 427 Cobra, & 2022 BMW M850
9,477 Posts
Nice job there y2k.

Ed

21 - 40 of 69 Posts