Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Administrator
9,680 Posts
Very ice job there Y2K.

As you bring the boost up I would expect the 60' times to come down. You could easily be knocking on the door of a very low 8 sec / high 7 sec et. Your mph says there is a lot more available

Ed

Reactions: y2k2gt

·
2V powered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Here is the data at launch. I short shifted also to try and stop it from spinning, but still had to lift a little.

·
Administrator
9,680 Posts
Wow! From your data log it looks like If you didn't have to lift, that would have been a low 8 second pass, possibly a high 7!

It would appear the next order of business is reliably hooking that power to the ground. Very impressive job! This should be a lot of fun going forward.

Ed

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bud, that beast is FLYING!!!
It doesn't even sound like it's working that hard yet.
HUGE CONGRATS!!

...buttered popcorn in hand...🍿

ks

·
Registered
539 Posts
I LOVE this vid.. I love how the car comes out soft then explodes into power! This is 2V is just fantastic!! Not to mention you're not manual shifting it and instead letting the computer do it!! Stab it and hang on!!

What did you do to gain so much more mph than earlier?
It's being rev'd to almost 8K now is this the same cam as before or are you just abusing it more?

ks

·
2V powered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I have a new larger intercooler, Hogan intake and swapped to .58 T4 exhaust housings. Running same cams for 4 years now. Next time out I'm going to shift is a little higher and it always spins on the 1-2 shift. This pass was launching with 6psi. I tried 11psi and it spun.
Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

·
Registered
539 Posts
When did it let go? I saw it hit the rev limiter but it sounded good through the traps..What caused it?

ks

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.