Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Tune Tune Tune

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  nitrous pete 
#1 ·
Hello all I am new to this board and I have alot of questions. I have a black 03 and went to the track last night for the first time in this car. I ran a 12.11 was the best tiem on slicks (mt et streets 16-26-10.5) preasure was at 10lbs. I also have a TNT wet shot 75 jets. I have the paulshp blower pulley ugrade, I have a bbk cold air intake. I have bassani x pipe no cats and flowmaster 1 chambers. I hae a solid rear end out of a 98 gt with 3.73 gears I upgraded the limited slip when replacing the clutches and put in .45 shims intead of the .10 and used a f150 spring (very tight)
I have a Diablo chip. and I have steeda upper and lower controll arms for the rear end as well (non-adjustable). I went to the dyno and only put down 404 hp it was on a mustang dyno. my air to fuel ratio was only like 11.1. I am not sure what that means but I was told that was fat. and the tnt kit is a fat kit as well, and the diablo ship makes me run fat so I don't grenade it on top end.

I need help on tune I know I have more power in this car. I have seen nitrous pete run and I know he was faster than that before he put on the kenny bell. I also need suspension and numbers that I can use to help set up this car. PLEASE

I am in a heated rivalry with a WS6 here that is runnning 11.2's
and I can beat him on the street and he walks me at the track its terrible. PLEASE HELP:banghead

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Well....sounds to me like you need to have a good tuner that knows these cars ,set it up from a current dyno run. Also..I am not a big fan of the basic wet nitrous system in these cars. Most of us use the dry shot system, like myself and Nitrous Pete. Your times should be alot better than what you are turning, ,like you said. Make sure you make a run on the dyno with a shot of juice too , to see how things are. I bet you are way too rich with the shot.
The Mustang Dyno is always alot lower than a Dynojet..so your numbers are probably in the 450 to 470 range. And it all depends on how your a/f is read too for that to be accurate.
Call 1-856-697-5254 www.Nitrous.com on Monday and maybe Pete can help you out with some advice and a chip from him. I am not sure what more to tell you..its hard to say over the internet. So many variables to take in effect.....

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

#4 ·
You can ask Pete,,The wet shot could perform well on dyno and still not work..
The dry setup is what you need.

#5 ·
The right tune is everything with these cars. With the mods you listed, off the hose, you should be in the 11's. Given that scenario, and having a wet shot, you really need to look at your tune. Your chip tune is probably way off. Do you have a flip chip with 2 seperate tunes? It would be smart to have one, and have a tune for both, on the bottle and off the bottle. Keep in mind fuel and timing will be completely different with both setups. If your chip is tuned for Nitrous, then anytime you are not using it with that tune, your car will not feel as powerful as it should. Call someone who has been tuning Nitrous setups for the 03. And it probably would be a good idea to have 2 tunes, that is if you want the best all around performance.

#6 ·
re:

I have a diablo chip, with two tunes, one for the juice and one for the blower upgrade and such. I am nervous to talk to nitous pete.
I have his video and I am at ahhhhh with what he can do. I hope he has something I can do I have no problems switching to a dry shot. I am also wondering how big a shot everyone is running and what is safe. I still have the lovely eaton blower (suck) and so I only get the 12.5 psi out of it before it starts dumping and a huge hole at around 5800 where it drops about 10 hp and then gets it back at 6400. I used a broad band A/F meter and the thing just shuts off, because it can't read it accurately. I have a dyno sheet that I can put up but I don't know how. its just a number sheet with psi a/f tourqe hp and some other stuff i think.
Has anyone done a stand alone fuel system with a lap top yet.
I am getting one here soon with new injectors. I need to figure out there working percentage to see how hard they are working to kep up with the psi and no2. Thanks to all who have responded I really appriciate it, I'll keep this going till we get it figured out.

PLEASE GIVE MORE IDEAS OF THINGS TO DO NEED TO GO FASTER WS6 HAS GOT TO LOOSE. I HAVE A 03 COBRA FOR GOODNESS SAKES

#7 ·
First it seems like you need more track time.........with out the juice you should be in the 11s real easy and with slicks........well give us your times so we can take a look. The others said you had a good tuner, but it makes me wonder since he told you to use a wet system on a retunless fuel system.

#8 ·
re:

who were the others that said I had a good tuner. there is no one here that can tune a eec-v here there is one dyno about a hour away but he can't tune, gm he can. I don't wanna run the wet if everyone is running a dry system and running better that may be some of my problem. I would love to see a good tuner go to town on my car that would be great!!!!!!!! I know this car should be in the 11's easy. My best time was a 12.11 at 119 1/8 8.2 at 89 60' 1.87 r/t time .542

#9 ·
Hey Josh , You are not that bad , a mustang dyno's # are on the low side , so you are prob. 450-460hp hard to say , just use the a/f to tune and run it at the track , nitro
call me it you need ! if you feel the need for speed !! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.