5700 452.5 417.0 12.0
5800 453.1 410.3 12.1
5900 454.1 404.2 12.1
6000 453.5 397.0 12.1
6100 452.3 389.4 12.0
6200 453.1 383.8 12.0
6300 454.2 378.6 11.8
6400 445.3 365.4 11.6

What do you all think of these? I don't have a scanner so I can't post the charts and dyno sheets.....any comments appreciated. I think the torque numbers are a bit low. Maybe because it's a bit lean down low?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Looks like a Flat TQE Curve...nice tune..Should pull hard..:cool:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim, I have heard and think that there is not enough fuel down low. Which may have hurt the torque readings. Many have told me to add some fuel on the lower RPM, which may improve the numbers a bit. We will see....

·
Registered
138 Posts
TUNE

SOLIDSNAKE---WHY DON'T YOU FEEL YOUR TUNE IS CORRECT??
I SEE YOU HAVE POSTED IT ON SEVERAL SITES ASKING ABOUT IT.

I AM JUST WONDERING WHY YOU SEEM NOT TO BE HAPPY WITH YOUR CAR----IT REALLY ON HAS A PULLEY,T/BODY AND EXHAUST WORK DONE.

I WOULD NOT SEND YOU OUT OF HERE WITH AN INCORRECT TUNE THAT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE.

I GAVE YOU A SAFE TUNE FOR YOUR VEHICLE---IT IS NOT AN ALL OUT RACE TUNE--YOU SAID YOU WANTED A SAFER TUNE.

I WAS JUST WONDERING---

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!

I AM NOT SAYING I AM THE BEST TUNER--I TRY TO DO THE BEST JOB FOR EVERYONE WHO COMES HERE,MY GOAL HERE IS 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION WITH THE RECOMMENDED SERVICES AND REPAIRS--I TRY TO USE WHAT I HAVE TESTED ON THE DYNO AND KNOW WHAT WORKS.

THANKS AGAIN
JOE

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks pretty darn good to me. I wish I had those numbers.

Joe, Kill the CAPS LOCK!!!

I know you have a hard enough time typing with one finger, but when you do it with the caps locks on, hurts the eyes.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Don,

Lean down low is for fuel efficiency. You don't need fat A/F to drive around at under 4,000 rpms. At WOT, the fuel will be there, as your dyno sheet shows. Talk to the guys who burn a quarter tank of gas driving 12 miles around town. It's senseless and unnecessary.

Additionally, you just had your car tuned late yesterday afternoon and it has rained today. You know nothing about how the car will run or what kind of numbers it will make at the track. As Jimmy V said, it should pull hard. You should reserve judgment and give it a chance.

Joe's brother Tommy, who uses an Eaton and a tune that is very similar to yours, went to Atco and ran an [email protected] MPH the VERY FIRST TIME AT THE TRACK with his car. This was just two weeks ago. And that was full weight, drag radials, exhaust, pulleys and half-ass weather conditions. Judge the tunes by their results, not by the BS talk on the Internet.

There are so-called "EXPERT" tuners who would KILL to put up a number like that and can't...no matter how many times they go to the track. Fat tunes don't mean SQUAT and talk is cheap. Sounds like someone is just trying to get into your wallet. Trust me, dude - listen to the voice of experience.

As Joe and other GOOD tuners say, the dyno is simply a tool for tuning and comparing a car to itself...NOTHING MORE. I have seen dyno pulls where the car is iced, allowed to sit on the rollers and cool for LONG periods of time, computers unplugged and reset...and all kinds of other tricks just to show a good dyno sheet. Does it serve any productive purpose? No, it doesn’t. Again, the dyno is just a tool. Your dyno numbers here reflect a thoroughly heat-soaked car that is running pump gas, on an extremely humid day and is intended only to show that your tune is sound and was made conservatively so that you could safely enjoy your car. I see no reason to question or complain whatsoever. If you can drive the car down the track with any level of competence, you'll put up some respectable numbers.

Also, Don, if you have critiques or concerns with the work done on your car (right, wrong or indifferent), you should first take them up with the vendor that you've worked with. Such things on the Internet get easily misconstrued, misdirected, misunderstood and promptly blown out of proportion.

I believe that Joe will do anything that you wish. Have you actually ASKED HIM yet? Tell him what you want your A/F to look like. He may advise you against it, but he will certainly do what you wish...so long as it won't blow your car up.

I don't recommend a brand new Cobra owner, with one week experience on the Internet, getting into a battle of wit with an experienced tuner on what works and what doesn't...but hey - to each their own. It's your car. Joe can put your A/F at 10:1 if that's what you want.

I am not implying that you have done anything wrong on the site; nor am I acting as moderator here. This is a technical discussion board and there's nothing wrong with asking questions! I’m just trying to give you some insight and another perspective. I think that you are a nice guy and I know how you feel having been given conflicting information from the WEALTH of knowledge (or lack thereof) that exists here online. While you are trying to learn about this stuff, it can get confusing. Some know what they are talking about, some are nothing more than salesmen and some are just completely FOS. It takes time to sort everyone out. I’ve been there!

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you start taking advise from 10 different people the car will never run right. As Hammer has said, you have one of the best tuners doing your car. Take his advise. JD has put out some really fast Cobras on the street. I don't know of any that are not happy with his work. I also don't know of any that have had any problems with their motors due to his tune. If you have a problem with JD'S tune, Joe will gladly refund your money for the return of the chip rather than have you posting his name all over the internet asking people who have never tuned a car for advice. If you feel it's not right because a couple people said it needs more under 3500 rpm, ask them to tune it. I'm sure you'll find these internet Guru's have never tuned a car. Just my .02. RAY

·
Registered
138 Posts
AUTOLOGIC PROGRAM

DON,

I WOULD RATHER YOU RETURN THE CHIP TO ME AND I WILL REFUND THE CHIP AND CUSTOM TUNE CHARGE---BUT NOT THE DYNO TIME.

I DO NOT WANT YOU TO BE UNHAPPY---CALL ME TODAY AND I WILL DO WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE WITH REFUNDING THE CHIP AND CUSTOM TUNING CHARGE.

LET ME KNOW ASAP SO I CAN TAKE CARE OF THIS.

THANKS
JOE
JD'S AUTO REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE CENTER
215-938-9270:confused:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I think those numbers with the ultra safe and conservative nature of the tune are great. Like he said its not a race tune, if you want him to lean on it a little more and make a number then call his shop schedule some more dyno and tune time, thats the right way to do things!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GUYS GUYS GUYS, I am NOT unhappy with the tune. Let me say again I AM NOT UNHAPPY with the tune. I KNOW MY TUNE IS GREAT. I was just wondering aloud if the car could make more torque. That's it. Joe, thanks for everything I appreciate it BIG TIME. I let the car sit for a few hours after the tune and it cooled off. It felt GREAT. I am not trying to say bad things about the shop. In fact, I had a great time there. You guys were the best, I talked to everyone, and everyone was great to me. I appreciate it. In no way would I like a refund at all. I paid for work that was done, and it was done well. I have NO PROBLEMS at all. HAMMER, again, thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. I am so sorry if it came out like I seemed unhappy. The posts on the subject on other boards all give you your props, don't worry. Guys, I am sorry if it seems like I am ungrateful or disrespectful. I apologize.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Again, I would like to take the time to apologize to [email protected] JD's, I meant no disrespect. I know nothing about air fuel ratios and all that technical stuff, like I said. I put my car in the hands of a very competant tuner like yourself, and I am happy with the results. I guess the problem was that I had my sights set so high. No biggie. Like I said, when the car was heat soaked, it felt real strong, but when I let it cool, it was even BETTER. I had people that are not tuners say why is this that way and all that crap, so I got nervous. I should not have. I am loyal to your shop as you guys "devirginized" my car. I know the car will continue to be bad ass, and the quality of work was great. I like the fact you guys care for each car as if it was your own. I got my car back NO DIRTIER than when I brought it in.

Thanks again, and I am sorry for the confusion.

Now where can I get some real nice GHOST FLAMES done??? hmmmmmm??? lemme think.........:cool:

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Now where can I get some real nice GHOST FLAMES done??? hmmmmmm??? lemme think.........:cool:
Don, I've been NAGGING Tommy to send me those pictures!! I've not told anyone yet because they gotta see it to believe it.

Tom, you are the man!

:worship2

Now send me those pictures, FOCKER!!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Rich,

Tommy told me he was out of work and had alot of free time on his hands......wonder what that means? Hmmmmm. The wheels are spinning. It just sucks that that paint damn near costs $500 a gallon. Wonder if he has any left over? Wonder what would look good on Satin Silver?

I'm too hot to trot,

Don

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HAMMER, I am on AIM by the way.....you are on the old buddy list so we can B.S. at our leisure.Integrity092 That's the screen name!!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
HAMMER said:
Lean down low is for fuel efficiency. You don't need fat A/F to drive around at under 4,000 rpms. At WOT, the fuel will be there, as your dyno sheet shows. Talk to the guys who burn a quarter tank of gas driving 12 miles around town. It's senseless and unnecessary.
The EEC-V use different fuel tables for part-throttle and WOT. That being the case under WOT conditions you always want an AFR "close" to optimal for a hard working supercharged car (11.5 - 12.5 depending on preference). Certainly at peak torque you want your AFR to not be lean. For me I want my AFR just below 12 at WOT. On your dyno sheet it "appears" your lean down low at first glance. Then you look again and see that the pull starts at 3300rpm. Your AFR drops to below 12 within 700rpm.. very nice. So in this case the issue is probably miscontrued because the dyno pull didn't start until 3300rpm which is where our cars put up big dyno numbers if your tuned right. Since your AFR corrects to a very nice number very quickly after the run starts I would bet you that if you started your pull at 2500rpm with no other changes you would see close to 20lb/ft increase in torque with your current tune.

Another great reason why a dyno is only to be used for some tuning and the race track for the whole story. In your case you would probably put up the same <good> track numbers as a car w/ a "better" dyno sheet and wonder why.. HTH

Jerry

·
Banned
572 Posts
HAMMER said:
Don, I've been NAGGING Tommy to send me those pictures!! I've not told anyone yet because they gotta see it to believe it.

Tom, you are the man!

:worship2

Now send me those pictures, FOCKER!!!!
I HAVE SEEN THEM FLAMES AND LET ME TELL YOU..........THEY ARE THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!

i will be next in line for some DSG ghost flames !!!
great job Tom!
sean

·
Registered
57 Posts
Solid; we tune with autologic, as Joe does, and I would be real happy with your tune. When torque and horsepower are about equal, on a positive displacement charger, that thing be runnin right. [email protected] Mustang Magic

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
magic maker said:
Solid; we tune with autologic, as Joe does, and I would be real happy with your tune. When torque and horsepower are about equal, on a positive displacement charger, that thing be runnin right. [email protected] Mustang Magic
Very STAND UP thing to post, Joe. You are the man. How's things going anyway?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts