Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to say a few things on the tuning and services from different shops and vendors--

i feel as though none of us are experts on a 2003 model car yet whether it be a ford or chevy.we are all on a learning curve still--that is why everyone is going faster and faster everyday.

i do certain things,pete does certain things,jdm,and other vendors i cannot list them all--we are all trying to have the best tuning and products--that is why we are in business---TO HELP THE CUSTOMERS AND PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT OUR BUSINESS.
i am not here to go up against everyone--i am here to do the best i can for whoever comes to me--just like pete,jdm,larocca's and all of us are.

i am not going to be posting against other shops--it is not right,we are all working hard everyday--for again our customers.

no one is doing anything wrong---but everyday new things are coming out and maybe today i got something better but next week pete will be better then jdm and then hopefully it keeps going around.that is why you guys keep going faster--and keeps us trying to learn more to go faster.

one thing--i am not trying to single any shops out--i am just using them as an example.

i am just trying to say----all of the shops should try to stay together instead of busting each other balls for a week until the next guy catches up.we can all still learn from eachother.

have a good day
joe

:D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Joe,
I have been in Modular since the beginning (Sept 95) I got my 96Cobra..At that time you could not even get a K&N Filter no less a tune..
We are very fortunate today to have Quality tuners like yourself doing R&D and getting these cars to perform as they should.

Unfortunately there are some(Vendors) _Slash_ tuners that do not feel as you do and just do whatever to Promote themselves and any product they can make a buck with.
It takes time for the New to the Game Guys and Dolls to find them out..But they will..
Your forthright approach is refreshing..
As with everthing else the cream will rise to the top...
Looking foward to meeting you..My friends who have had work done by you have all been very satisfied..
Keep up the good work..

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Amen to this thread!

Here comes my typical novel post. Read it…don’t read it…I got to get it off of my chest. Sorry in advance.

The muscle car hobby can get very confusing. There are so many performance parts out there, so many services being offered...it is sometimes very difficult to choose which is right for you.

It's a tedious thing to modify your ride. We buy this beautiful new car with awesome performance and become very attached to it. And we come to find that there's a lot more available to make us go even faster and find even better performance. But it is a HUGE risk that must be undertaken!

To bring your car to a performance shop and hand it over to them to modify it...well, it takes a tremendous act of faith and trust. It's never easy!

Even if we do our own work on the car - if I install a mail-order performance chip...do I REALLY know that the thing won't melt a piston in my car? No, I don't. Can I really be sure that this nitrous system or this new blower or this small pulley is safe for my car? No, I can't. We all take a big leap of faith when we decide to mod our cars. And there's a lot at risk. We have everything to lose!

Some people feel that the risk is too great. I very much respect that sentiment! Sometimes I feel that those people are the smartest of us all. Others feel that the risk vs. reward is worth the stretch. I fall into that category. When you win, you win BIGTIME.

And to make matters worse, there are definitely some bear-traps out there. There are bad people who will injure the enthusiast and their car just to make a buck. Fortunately, I don't know of a single 03 Cobra vendor who falls into that 'bad element' category. I know a lot of the vendors personally and I see ALL OF THEM doing the best they can and putting their best foot forward in every situation. Thank God for that!

But I also think that it's important for all vendors to "PLAY NICE IN THE SANDBOX TOGATHER" and some just don’t get it. I think that if all vendors would support each other, get each other's back and extend professional courtesy to each other...things would be very smooth - not just for the vendors but for the enthusiasts as well.

When vendors play 'dirty pool' behind the scenes and do things to hurt each other...well...it divides us all. Lines are drawn and everyone's got to pick a side. I, for one, am sick of it. Let me say that again. I am SICK of it. It contaminates the scene and I will always stand opposed to it. If your work and services are good then you will prosper. If you are feeling threatened by another than you should LOOK WITHIN YOURSELF for the shortcoming that is causing the insecurity - because that's where the real problem lies.

As enthusiasts, it’s hard enough for us to make choices when making performance modifications. We are nervous to begin with – and justifiably so. When vendors take pot-shots at each other and add to the confusion…everyone suffers. And for what? To sell a $200 part?

HORSESHIT!!

I get wind of it all the time…I see and hear of the harsh judgments and ridicules by people who need to feel like they are ‘above’ or ‘better than’ others. Ironically enough, THEY are the ones who have the deepest and most severe moral deficiencies…they just don’t realize it.

Joe is one of the best I've worked with. I am very glad that I've hooked up with him. There have been a lot of snags with getting my car right at these wicked high horsepower levels. Along the way, as Joe runs into obstacles, he calls me and tells me straight - whether I like the news or not...Joe is full disclosure and straight-forward. Can't ask for more than that. And together we've overcome all of the obstacles and gotten the combo working PROPERLY...like no one has yet - not a single car.

When the time is right, all of the information will be contributed. The roast is almost done cooking.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've been around this hobby for 35 years. The cars have changed but the business hasn't. If anything, with the internet it has gotten worse. I'm into the older Mustangs, and there are a ton of people out there to rip you off. I have learned one thing, once you have found a shop that you can trusts, stick with them and what they advise. Hammer is right, you'll talk to someone else and they will tell you your guy is wrong. Don't listen to them, they are just trying to steal his customer. If your car runs good and hasn't had any problems stick with them. I've seen people listens to ideas of 10 different people and their cars don't run.
Remember that the biggest is not the best it's, the combination of things that make you HP. If your combination is not right, your car will run like [email protected] Just my .02. RAY:cool:

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
7DMACH1 said:
I've been around this hobby for 35 years. The cars have changed but the business hasn't. If anything, with the internet it has gotten worse. I'm into the older Mustangs, and there are a ton of people out there to rip you off. I have learned one thing, once you have found a shop that you can trusts, stick with them and what they advise. Hammer is right, you'll talk to someone else and they will tell you your guy is wrong. Don't listen to them, they are just trying to steal his customer. If your car runs good and hasn't had any problems stick with them. I've seen people listens to ideas of 10 different people and their cars don't run.
Remember that the biggest is not the best it's, the combination of things that make you HP. If your combination is not right, your car will run like [email protected] Just my .02. RAY:cool:
WE GEEZERS all sound the same....:D
Experiance is a good teacher Right Ray??

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Yep, you all are right

Call 10 shops and you will get 10 very different opinions. If you find a shop that doesn't rip you off, stick with them. Customer loyalty.

In the past I have always ordered my parts from Holcombe Motorsports, never had a problem with them, so I have always stuck with them, unless there is something they do not have. I haven't bought anything in a long time, but if I do, I am definately going to be buying it from one of the vendors here, they are loyal to me, I'm loyal to them.

If you try and listen to everyone's opinion, your never going to finish your project. Find someone that has done a car that you would like yours to be like, something tried and true. You can't go wrong.

Looks like JD's has done an excellent job on Hammers car, I have heard nothing but praise for Joe and his employees, keep up the good work Joe, you don't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Let me just say, I have been working in the same car dealer for 35 years. I've seen a lot of techs come and go. JD worked at my dealer for a few years before he started his own business. He is by far the best tech I've ever known. He can fix things rather than just replace parts. Jd is the ONLY one that works on my cars for the last 15 years{except when my lazy a$$ feels like it}.
He cares about what goes out the door, not how much money he can make. He has a ton of money tied up in tools and equipment.
He doesn't know everything{YET} but will find out before he screws something up. You can't go wrong with him. Just ask anyone that has ever gone there. The only complaint you might here is the penny pincher complaining about the price. RAY:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
JD, you have to be one of the most professional non biased Autologic tuners that I know! I wish there were more like you w/out the big heads!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts