Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks in advance.....The car ('07 GT) was originally a Roush charger dealer install. I removed all of the s/c equipment. The car is basic bolt-on's now. Stock intake, Steeda CAI, Steeda economy charge motion plates, 60lbs injectors, 1 heat ranger colder plugs, KB BAP is wired in, but not in use (set to 0, and left off). It does have a cheap Pypes H pipe (no cats).
My problem is one that I have seen others dealing with. The car needs to warm up to full operating temperature in order to run properly from idle rpm to approximately 1500 rpms. Basically, the motor sputters, hesitates, and wants to stall (but does not), until it reaches a higher rpm 1500+. The problem diminishes as the motor heats up.
I am assuming either too much fuel or not enough? I have read somewhere about "populating injectors", but do not recall exactly what that entails.
The car contains a mail tune from a reputable tuner that has not been able to fix the problem. I have checked the vacuum lines and intake seal.
Basically, the only problem I have is the cold engine issue. A/F at idle through WOT is spot-on (once the engine is at oper temp).
I am looking to one of the tuners here for a solution. I do not have the opportunity at this time to datalog nor dyno tune.
I am willing to work with someone via email, per mail tune, if you will inform me of your rate(s) as per your mail tune(s).
If I return to smaller injectors will this problem alleviate itself, with a tune?
Once again thanks.
Jeff

·
VMP Tuning
2,911 Posts
60s are big, but usually do not require any changes in transient fuel or lost fuel, which is what your problems sound like. Do you have a wideband on the car? I would like to know what it does on startup and how this compares to the commanded a/f, after the maf xfer was dialed in perfectly when hot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
60s are big, but usually do not require any changes in transient fuel or lost fuel, which is what your problems sound like. Do you have a wideband on the car? I would like to know what it does on startup and how this compares to the commanded a/f, after the maf xfer was dialed in perfectly when hot.
Justin,
I do have a FAST duel bank wideband. Tell me exactly what you want me to watch and I will do it and get back to you. The car does idle fine. When it is cold it idles at approx 850 for a moment then decreases; but if I stab the throttle it bogs until at operating temp.

Thanks, I look foward to hearing back from you. Can I send you the tune to review? Is that possible?

Jeff

·
VMP Tuning
2,911 Posts
Just looking at the tune will do no good. The car needs to be tuned properly when hot, then the cold startup datalogged. Not a one step process, so just having me look at logs will not help. You also need to wire your wideband into the sct tuner so everything can be logged together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts