Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tuning Workbook Pro v14.02

This is a tuning workbook that I have been developing bit by bit over the years. It has a most of the popular MAF and injectors that we are using here in 2015, auto scaling for pipe size, and auto scaling for other variables used in the PCM. Injector type is selectable by drop down, and pop ups with notes are present on various cells.

The main worksheet is the first tab in order, with instructions for use the second tab. I'll probably leave this up for a few days for peeps to grab before taking it down to edit/update again. Developed in Excel 2010.

Have a look.

View attachment Tuning Workbook Pro v1402.zip

·
Administrator
9,417 Posts
Very nice Steve!

The Mass Air Flow on the MAF Xfer Function tabs for the BA 2400/2600 appear to be the same and the BA 2600/2800 also appear to be the same — or am I reading the table wrong?

Ed

·
Registered
628 Posts
Steve - That is awesome man. I know the basics and any reading material on tuning is a help. 04Ryan has taught me a lot and we get to run my car on the dyno this coming Tuesday at Justins

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Steve, I can't tell you how helpful your Ultimate Slot MAF sheet was when I started tuning with the SCT Pro Racer last year. Looks like now you have incorporated other elements into it for many more combos. With this sheet and help from Don Lasota's book, I was able to build a tune from scratch and get my car to fire up and drive first shot. If I can do it, nearly anyone can. Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Saved to my google drive. I have been wanting to get into tuning but I am not sure learning on my freshly built motor is the wisest decision.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice Steve!

The Mass Air Flow on the MAF Xfer Function tabs for the BA 2400/2600 appear to be the same and the BA 2600/2800 also appear to be the same - or am I reading the table wrong?

Ed
Hey Ed, the 2400/2600 are the same, and the 2800/3000 are the same. This is a reflection of the data SCT provides. Many have noted deviation from the data SCT provides in their transfer functions, but I use their data as a starting point in the workbook.

Steve - That is awesome man. I know the basics and any reading material on tuning is a help. 04Ryan has taught me a lot and we get to run my car on the dyno this coming Tuesday at Justins
Thanks Jon! Good luck on the dyno on Friday. I may be headed to the track tonight with my own for the first time this year.

Steve, I can't tell you how helpful your Ultimate Slot MAF sheet was when I started tuning with the SCT Pro Racer last year. Looks like now you have incorporated other elements into it for many more combos. With this sheet and help from Don Lasota's book, I was able to build a tune from scratch and get my car to fire up and drive first shot. If I can do it, nearly anyone can. Thanks a ton.
Thank you Tony! I figured a rename was in order since there are calculations in there for both airflow and fueling now. I still think Paul Yaw from ID is messing with everyone with the data provided for the ID1300s. The multipliers for the returnless functions are wacky. I included those low/high slopes provided with the sheet you edited and sent back.

·
un1230/Whipple3.4/ Teksid
2,448 Posts
Very nice Steve, I know I appreciate your hard work and I'm sure others feel the same, good show!!!!

·
4.6 ways to waste money
1,940 Posts
I missed it Steve, could you shoot it to my email?

Also, on ID values, when you are using SCT stuff do you use the values listed on ID's web site or the SCT value files?

·
Moving on up...
4,776 Posts
Maybe my puter sucks, but I don't see an attachment. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts

Also, on ID values, when you are using SCT stuff do you use the values listed on ID's web site or the SCT value files?
Excellent question. I've always had a LOT of skepticism of the SCT provided injector val files. To this day I suspect that they turn off the ECMs ability to make adjustments to IDC due to variances in fuel pressure.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gimme a bit, have the new one up tonight

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back up with v14.02. Added HPX MAF with different tube sizes, restructured the sheet names, embedded a calculator in the main sheet on the left side.

Nice DA here in STL tonight, in the low triple digits. Bringing the car up from 39psi base fuel to 50psi base and logging with dual AFX widebands and a $19 3-bar MAP sensor. The increase in fuel pressure has me doing a bit of rework on the returnless fuel pump voltage table. Also have a 3.25/6lb lower combo on the 2.3L Whipple. Hey Eric, gimme that 2.93!

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice Steve, I know I appreciate your hard work and I'm sure others feel the same, good show!!!!
No sweat AJ. Lemme know when you hit the rollers!

The slopes and breakpoint on the sheet were originally from Injector Dynamics. I believe I populated all the ID stuff (except for the ID1300s) back in 2012. Within the last year or so Paul from ID got pissy with a competitor who stole his data and blantanly skewed it to claim it was their own. Have a look at the functions for pressure and their multipliers on ID's site for the ID1300s now and tell me they don't look screwy. Even the slopes (high being of greater value) look a little fishy to me.

Excellent question. I've always had a LOT of skepticism of the SCT provided injector val files. To this day I suspect that they turn off the ECMs ability to make adjustments to IDC due to variances in fuel pressure.
If the injector compensation switch is on, and the functions are populated, it should work. What is screwy is SCT's datalogging of of injector duty cycle. A friend at the track tonight logged 112% duty cycle during his pass. Uhhhh...

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
>100% idc just means the ecu is commanding more that the injector can flow. I've actually seen 180% on a megasquirt log before! Lol

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
Nice work Steve

·
4.6 ways to waste money
1,940 Posts
10-4 Steve.

The reason I ask is because like Swerve said, any increase in base fuel pressure has resulted in a change of AFR. Never got any real explanations or fix, as most guys I talked with about it said yeah, that happened to me also, and I just worked the MTF to fix it.

I'm using the SCT data and the "Injector Comp for Pressure" is enabled.

Thanks for sharing the sheet, as always, you holdin' that good shizz!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I'm convinced it's something hidden by sct.

·
4.6 ways to waste money
1,940 Posts
I'm convinced it's something hidden by sct.
While we're on the subject, when I have made base fuel pressure changes I have only changed "Pressure Drop Accross the Injectors" I have also found under Fuel Injector, Scalers, there is "Fuel Injector Pressure Drop", I have not changed that value or the values under Returnless Fuel Pump, Fuel Rail Pressure. I really can't find any info on when to make changes to any of those values. Everyone only seems to be concerned with pressure drop Accross injectors.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is great Steve, thanks.

On a side note I have the same issue as Swerve and ugotbit have pointed out - I have ID1000's and I'm using the SCT value files. When there is a decent fluctuation in fuel pressure or if I attempt to increase my base fuel pressure at the regulator, my AFR changes big time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts