Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 lincoln 4.6 dohc motor which i am doing a c-head swap on so i can put it in a foxbody. and i was wondering if you turbo 03-04 cobra guys had to switch to 99-01 cobra front timing cover or were you able to retain the 03-04 timing cover?

ALSO i am FULLY BUILDING my motor(in the future. now i am only running forged pistons), im going to stroke it out to 324 & run the fr500 heads & crower stage 2 or 3 cams, with supporting fuel mods and i haven't decided on whether or not im going single turbo or twin turbo. but if i went single would you guys say a t88 or t80 would be out of the power band for the street?

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I am ussuming by '95 Lincoln, you mean a Teksid block.

The timing cover from the 03 will work just fine. There is one extra hole in that timing cover, that the Teksid blocks don't have a threaded hole to accept a bolt for. Simply fill the hole in the timing cover with a little RTV to seal it off.

An 88 would be a horrible choice to use for a street car.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Agree with above, also FR500 heads are not a good idea for a street car as they have no coolant passages. Stick with stock 03-04 cobra C heads.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i guess i didnt do enough research. yes it is a teksid block.
why would an 88 be a bad choice for a street car? its 600 pounds lighter than a cobra but with just as much power.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
thanks guys. i guess i didnt do enough research. yes it is a teksid block.
why would an 88 be a bad choice for a street car? its 600 pounds lighter than a cobra but with just as much power.
It will take forever to spool that large of a turbo on the street.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah "clint" from hpp explained it wouldn't do me any good to go t88 on the street. so as of now im set on twin 57's or i may do their turbo upgrade. but it depends on what they qoute me on a price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.