Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running an GT80 turbo with a 3.5" downpipe and dual 3" exhaust. I'm presently running dumps. I WANT to switch over to tail pipes. Do you think this will result in a considerable increase in backpressure?

I don't imagine it'll be much of an increase at all. But some of you guys may have ran into different situations.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
On my turbocharged 91GT, I ran it with and without tailpipes and it had no effect on the ET. The car sounded much better and quieter with the tail pipes in place. Is your car back together and running yet? I would like to see some photos. Also, who manufactured the kit that you are using?
thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
Your choice of mufflers is MUCH more important than tailpipes.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I was going to say that, but I didn't want it to look like I was trying to sell mufflers :D But now that you mentioned it, I will. Since you have a turbo, it somewhat muffles the sound of the exhaust so you can get by with a really high flow muffler and it not be that loud. I would use something along the lines of a Sintech Pro-street.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Anything but Flowmasters.....

Dynomax work well, as do Magnaflows. Spintechs would be cool on his car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running a set of 3" magnaflows. I was under the impression Spintech mufflers were a chambered design.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Never used them honestly....I know that Dynomax has always gotten high praise with turbos though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts