Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed the x2c, pro turbo, or any turbo kit that came out for the 03 cobra? if so what kind of results have you guys got? thanks! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
stangfreak said:
has anyone installed the x2c, pro turbo, or any turbo kit that came out for the 03 cobra? if so what kind of results have you guys got? thanks! :D
I'll let you know i just bought the x2c kit that was on there cobra. Going to try for 800hp.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Re: Re: turbo results

03chuck said:
I'll let you know i just bought the x2c kit that was on there cobra. Going to try for 800hp.
No offence, but here you go again buying something that was already beat to hell... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol ok wait a second. are you aiming for 800hp as a daily driver car chuck?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't believe the PTK is actually on the market yet. Even their 2v and 4v kits don't seem to be accessible yet, let alone the 03 conversion.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: Re: Re: turbo results

TopRacer said:
No offence, but here you go again buying something that was already beat to hell... :rolleyes:
:lol

When Dad's money is flying, all things are possible, eh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Re: Re: turbo results

its funny how everyone bashed this guy when he said blowers suck and everyone jumped on his ass until they relzed this was petes old car, now that he is going to try a turbo on it now you say its beat to hell but i'm pretty sure not ONE pete fan would say it was beat to hell if he still owned it. Only people that had the guts to call it " hacked up" was mm&ff and they were right on the money refering to the interior and it showed in the pics. But everyone of you defended that it wasnt hacked up b/c it was petes car. Leave the guy alone and let him do what he wants to HIS car now

·
Registered
105 Posts
I called Pete's car beat to shit on numerous occasions, and I pitied the next owner. Looks like the inevitable happened there.

Now that same "next owner" is not learning from his first mistake, like most do after the first go-round goes foul. So he now states he is going to buy the used, already beat to shit prototype turbo & push the beat to shit car to it's proverbial limit with an 800hp setup. Sounds likes a good combo to me.

One word.....

Kaboom!

·
Registered
481 Posts
s-trim said:
...But everyone of you defended that it wasnt hacked up b/c it was petes car...
You have EIGHT posts and I think that you should read up some more... NO EVERYONE DID NOT defend that it wasn't hacked up... there were some on here that read every post and knew off the bat that he was the one that bought petes car... thats why some hit him hard...

Pete stated that he would throw belts and we know that it was not the perfect daily driver that came off the showroom floor...

I didnt call it hacked when Pete had it nor did I call it hacked when he had it...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Hmm, How many of you were actually in the car?

I can say the car was not hacked up. I wouldn't consider it abused either.

It obviously made quiet a few trips down the track and ran quite a few miles at high boost.

Pete made sure it was reasonably safe and kept it from blowing up.

Now that he doesn't own it, whatever happens with it is on the new owner.

JT

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
StangD281 said:
I called Pete's car beat to shit on numerous occasions, and I pitied the next owner. Looks like the inevitable happened there.

Now that same "next owner" is not learning from his first mistake, like most do after the first go-round goes foul. So he now states he is going to buy the used, already beat to shit prototype turbo & push the beat to shit car to it's proverbial limit with an 800hp setup. Sounds likes a good combo to me.

One word.....

Kaboom!
Guys,

This is a good technical discussion and everyone is welcome here to discuss the car and turbo. But let's keep it friendly and 'above the belt' please!

Thanks

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont know but 800 hp on a car is kinda crazy. sooner or later im sure the car is going to run into problems. as far as the turbo vs s/c goes, i decided to put the kenne bell. first of all the cobra came out of the factory with a s/c. i mean i care about the value of the car as well. so i dont think its wise to put a turbo on the car. second of all its cheaper and easier to install the supercharger and you still can have a car with 600+rwhp. after my cobra, i am going to purchase a mach1 and install a turbo in there, if the income is good. im just curious to see what these turbo cobras can do.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You care about the value of your Cobra, so you will not put a turbo on it, but you will put one on a MACH 1, a rarer car. Makes since...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
There is an interesting thread on the Supra forums. Someone ( a guy with an '03 btw) is considering buying a Supra and wanted to know what it would cost to get it in the 10's.

The answers varied quite a bit, but the lowest $ given for a high 10 was $10K plus. For a low 10 high 9, the numbers given were more like $25K+. It was also discussed that for all but the very very best drivers, it can not be done without an automatic. Those $ numbers are for a car that started out as a turbo!

As has been discussed, the "mainstream" non shop KB cars have not put up incredable track times (yet, anyway). Some people are intrepretiing that as "lets go turbo".

I think the same learning/$ curve that is hindering the mainstream KB cars from running low 10's high 9's will exist with the turbo as well.

There are fuel system issues, tuning issues, and the stick IRS issue that will be a problem with the KB or a Turbo. Simply put, they are 600+rwhp problems, not unique to the type of power adder. The computer and fuel system may be fine at 450 rwhp, even 500 rwhp but when you get to 600+ those components are really being pushed passed there design goals.

Remember when Pete took his car to Bradednton and after hours and hours on the Diablo dyno, the car was still rich, pouring black smoke when going down the track? We are fighting the same gremlins with Hammers car. A/F looked great on the dyno, does not look great on the track. Even so with the tune F'ed, and letting out at the 1000 ft mark it went [email protected] 122 ish.

Unless you like to participate in development, I wouldn't want to try a turbo. I think the KB development is at least 6 mos ahead, maybe more. I think the same parts that solve the KB tuning issues may help when the Turbo's are finally available.

JT

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what im trying to say is, the cobra came with a supercharger. why would i want to put a turbo in it. if i wanted to turbo a 32 valve i might as well buy a 99 up c0bra or a mach 1, thats what im trying to say. if you spend 36 grand on the cobra, you bought it bc of the supercharger. thats what mkes the car, then you go ahead and put a turbo? doesnt work that way at least how i look at it. but thats me and everyone has there own opinion on it and there own preferance.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME OF YOU FACE TO FACE ON HERE. I LOVE THE ATTITUDE THIS FORUM HAS. I WONDER IF YOU GUYS WILL BE LIKE THIS IN PERSON?? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. LIKE I SAID. MY GRANDMOTHER CAN TALK BAD ASS OVER A COMPUTER..

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
stangfreak said:
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME OF YOU FACE TO FACE ON HERE. I LOVE THE ATTITUDE THIS FORUM HAS. I WONDER IF YOU GUYS WILL BE LIKE THIS IN PERSON?? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. LIKE I SAID. MY GRANDMOTHER CAN TALK BAD ASS OVER A COMPUTER..
I thought that we straightened this out.

PLEASE

Keep the discussion friendly. There's no need to get indignant in a purely technical discussion. We are all entitled to our opinion and we can express them tactfully.

I don't want to see the thread get locked...it's a good one!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm making the turbo / upgraded blower decision in the near future and am definitely leaning toward the blower, although I don't know whether it will be the KB product or the Works product (when there is such a thing).

I love turbo cars, but I definitely love them more as automatics. There's nothing quite like building boost on the line and launching like with a GN or Sy/Ty.

My biggest concerns about the upcoming turbo kits include lack of street cred / development and the placement of the turbo in the bay. I really don't like having a hot turbo that close to other components (like the plastic coolant reservoir). I'm also a bit disenchanted with the plumbing going everywhere.
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME OF YOU FACE TO FACE ON HERE. I LOVE THE ATTITUDE THIS FORUM HAS. I WONDER IF YOU GUYS WILL BE LIKE THIS IN PERSON?? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. LIKE I SAID. MY GRANDMOTHER CAN TALK BAD ASS OVER A COMPUTER.. [/B]
Yikes. Why get all worked up? It's a forum. It's really not worth the hassle. What are you gonna do, go all Jay and Silent Bob and fly around the country knocking on doors and kicking asses? :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts