Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be many issues running 17cc - 9.1:1 Compression Stroker with turbo ground cams N/A for awhile?

·
Registered
139 Posts
nope you just won't make the power you would if the compression was higher but in all actuality the turbo cams are also good n/a cams

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There wouldn't be any driveability or tuning issues?

·
Registered
139 Posts
why would there be ? .....it would be the same as running 11.1 compression as long as your tuner has a brain he should be able to tune it no prob lol

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
Nope I ran my stroker 9:1 motor for a little while n/a. It was with stock cams though. The turbo cams won't cause you any issue. Actually you will probably make nice power on just motor. I made 316rwhp 353rwtq with mine before the blower install.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I applied for a job in afghanistan 97k a year 80k of it tax free. The wife said if i go, after i pay off all our debt and buy her a new car I can get a new engine for my car. My plan is for either a 4.6 or 5.4 3v stroker, cnc'd heads, with twin turbos, a 6speed manual and 9 inch rear end. I plan to go with Livernoise see if they will build me a long block ready to drop in. That way i can keep the old engine for a future project.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I plan to go with Livernoise see if they will build me a long block ready to drop in. That way i can keep the old engine for a future project.
that is exactly what you need to do believe me ive been talking to rick over there and he is the shit , very very knowledgeable hell everyone over there is for that fact i just bought a ton of stuff from them now just waiting on my new block to come in to finish up my car only reason i didn't do a complete longblock from them is the fact i picked up a set of pnp heads , stage 2 turbo cams , springs , valves ect. from a good friend and thought my block was still good well yea that didn't happen lol block is toast so i got a new one on the way

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im hoping for between 500-700 RWHP on 93 octane (if possible) Probably 500 for the street and 700 for the track. Im thinking Return fuel system with fore triple pump kit from lethal. A HPX MAF. Im going to concentrate on making the car make the most HP at lowest PSI possible. My main concern is reliability.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Im hoping for between 500-700 RWHP on 93 octane (if possible) Probably 500 for the street and 700 for the track. Im thinking Return fuel system with fore triple pump kit from lethal. A HPX MAF. Im going to concentrate on making the car make the most HP at lowest PSI possible. My main concern is reliability.
if thats all your going for a 4.6 will be more than enough ...now if your feeling froggy do a 4.6 big bore you will still get the cubes but alot less hassle trying to get a intake ect. but those things listed are deff. a good start the lethal is kinda overkill but id still go with it because you will always want to turn it up later and that setup is good up to a crazy amount of hp ..... i personally run the hpx meter too and my tuner loves it he said they are easy to work with ..... and just to let you know i pulled 518 with complete stock longblock just the powerhouse at 11psi and after this rebuild im hoping for right under 600 with 11psi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts