Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm still following your updates Kevin. (As well as Ed and anyone else's suggestions) This kind of information will definitely come in to play when I get to the traction control settings.

Ken
Good to hear, Ken. I'll update later when I try less % but in the meantime that last screenshot I posted above should get people great results to start from.

I didn't log that last test run but I will the next time. I'm curious to see what the log does look like as far as how much timing is being pulled to maintain traction. My car makes the best power at 14* total timing but the MSPro is set to pull a lot more if needed so I'm curious to see how much is pulled to maintain traction.

Just for comparison for information history I'm reading the wheel stud heads on the front/rear hubs so it's not reading a high resolution of points to compare speed too and it's working great. The calibrated wheel speeds are within 1/2 mph of each other.

ks

·
Administrator
1965 Superformance 427 Cobra, & 2022 BMW M850
9,477 Posts
Kevin,

I thought I saw an OEM Ford tone ring on one of your pics on your front wheel that I think Ford used for their anti-lock brakes feature or perhaps traction control. Why not use the OEM tone ring for wheel speed sensing. It will provide you with substantially better resolution.

Ed

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Kevin,

I thought I saw an OEM Ford tone ring on one of your pics on your front wheel that I think Ford used for their anti-lock brakes feature or perhaps traction control. Why not use the OEM tone ring for wheel speed sensing. It will provide you with substantially better resolution.

Ed
If I remember correctly I couldn't get the sensor in the area b/c the sensor was too long. I also wanted to KISS since I'm not comfortable with electronics and the MSPro setup and being a street car I don't need that much precision..

For those that aren't familiar with the setup the MSPro has a table that you simply input the number of teeth that each sensor is using. I could have put in 5 for the rear sensor and ?? the front ring had but I wasn't sure that I would get it set up correctly so I matched both ends of the car.

ks

41 - 43 of 43 Posts