Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have maxed out my novi 1k @ 6200rpm. i need to upgrade to get the full potential of the engine i have. to upgrade to a novi 2k is by far the cheapest way to go, buy the headunit and maybe larger injectors, recal the mass air and its done.

what kind of power can i ultimately get with a novi 2k? on pump gas.

the alternative is sell the novi 1k and everything i cant use with it and go with or wait till a turbo kit comes out, maybe the TP kit w/ a T72,76,80, dont know just want one that will support the same or as much as the novi 2k.

do you guys with the JT trim or another large sc, wish you had a turbo?

right now i have TEA ported heads, stock compression, full exhaust. as time passes if i add the novi 2k, cams, maybe an aftermarket intake(reichard)when it is available, intercooler, more head work, ie oversized valves, what is the limit the large superchargers can make and still use pump gas?

i think my goal for the car is to have the power to run 140+ in the quarter, not neccesarily the suspension or driver experience.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I for one like the turbo setups but they are quite a bit more complex with all the pipping, which I am sure you are aware of. Another drawback to the turbo setup that I used to have (no experience with a mod turbo kit) is the heat under the hood. I prefer the Superchager due to ease of install, simplicity of the design, less money, and the fact that it will do all I want to do with my car. On a side note, I am a big Vortech fan and have had zero problems with their blowers. I think your setup and tune has alot more to do with making the power (to a point) you want vs whether or not you run a Novi 2000, Vortech, Procharger, or turbo. JMHO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts