Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after nearly a year of having the turbo and having issues, problems, weather, and just about everything else keep me from making a complete dyno pull, I finally was able to make a few pulls again thanks to Romar Enterprises.
Before we get to the numbers I want to give a bit of history. My last pulls were made with a Precision T64 turbo and the stock exhaust. My boost was falling off above 3500rpms to zero and we couldn't figure out why. We thought I needed a boost controller so I added one and adjusted the boost. However I never made it back to the dyno since I didn't realize somewhere in there my boost gauge went bad and I was running 16psi when I thought I was running 10 and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happens to stock 2v rods and 16psi from a turbo.

Fast forward to a new motor, an Innovative GT61BB turbo and a Magnaflow exhaust....however winter up here in NY was extremely long, then every weekend I have something going on and then it's been raining....it seems like forever. Well today was actually a very nice day...and it turned out to be Romar's first Tuesday cruise/dyno night....so I headed over.

Now READ THIS CAREFULLY! Since so many people are so hung up on numbers and not the details behind them, I want to make it VERY CLEAR that this is not the standard tune up that comes with the Turbolocity kit.

I have a different turbo that is designed for my motor combination next year

I am running only 8# of boost

Timing is set at an EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE 11 degrees - it should be at 14 degrees.

Ok, that being said, I managed 373rwhp and 417rwtq.....not bad considering the above setup. I personally asked that it be set extremely conservative so I can enjoy the car for this season and then I will push it once the new motor is finished over the winter and I start making some real boost (16-20psi) where the turbo starts to shine and where I can make the power I actually want. I am QUITE sure that at 14 degrees of timing, I can make up the shortcomings from the previous 420/470 tune (which was at 14^)....but I like it where it is at. Considering Chris with the 94/95 kit picked up 55rwhp with a 2^ timing change, I can't complain one bit where it is right now.

The graph is below.....hopefully this will once and for all end the "I don't believe it, I want numbers" that some were saying.

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow, I really like the nice TQ numbers a turbo produces.

congrats on getting everything together.
wish I had the $$ for a nice turbo set up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...for the setup and tune it's not bad....

Sometimes people get so hung up on peak numbers, they don't look at curves. I could care less about peaks or max rpms. I need this motor to live a happy life until I can get the new one together - THEN I'll throw some boost at it and squeeze every last drop of power out of it :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
snkypete - turbo terror!! I can't wait to turbo both my rides...

:worship2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts