Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been answered 100 times but I've searched and cant get a decent answer. Seems to be a lot of info regarding this set up with cobra pumps but not the ford GT pumps. I have twin GT pumps, -8an line, 1/2 rails, 60 lb/hr injectors. I would like to add a boost a pump because at my last dyno session I was at max pump duty cycle at 6500 rpm. Ive been looking at the 40a version and need to know whether to install it before or after the FPDM. Ive heard that it will cause a higher amp draw if its installed after the FPDM. Will a zone 5 modded fpdm even handle that kind of amp load?? I want to install it after the fpdm and wire it to run full time at 50%. Im just not sure if the fpdm can handle the amps. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Correct me if im wrong here...the FPDM handles the voltage load not the bap.... which is why need improved FPDM's.

In a stock style wiring configuration there is one wire running into the basket assy. Brown/pink

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Is there any truth to the statement that GT pumps, and a single 40 AMP BAP set to 50% will burn up the BAP?

http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?t=119087
Im not sure about that. I have Twin GT pumps, modded FPDM before MJ started doing them in stages, and a 40 AMP BAP AFTER the FPDM running full time with it set at 35 and have had zero issues. Ive been running this setup for 3 years now.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
What is the difference in mounting it before or after the FPDM?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.