Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have only been around the Ford Mustang/Lightning scene since 2000, but I have seen firsthand some truly amazing cars. High horsepower coupes, stylish convertibles, street cars, drag only cars, and open track runners. They have all been pretty one sided in their duties. Never once did any of these cars truly say, "I am the total package."

Everyone pretty much knows me as being a straight-forward kinda guy. Doesn't matter whether you like me, or hate me, one thing that can always be said is I don't kiss anyones a$$, and I call the shots how I truly see them.

Well, let me tell you a long story about what I think has got to be the most incredible car I have had the pleasure of riding in.

The recipe goes like this: take 1- 2001 True Blue SVT Cobra, SHM 800hp LB, twin- 35mm turbos, an Al Pappito custom intake, Custom exhaust, full Griggs suspension, leave all the accessories in place, at full weight, and drive on 325 series Nitto Drag Radials. Then throw in the builder/fabricator/designer Jake Lamotta, and you have one serious menu full of reliable and astonishing horsepower.

I was at the shop today, and was lucky enough to ride along with Jake, to get a sense of what this car was like. You see, he was telling me about being at the track the night before, on a typical Florida summer evening in the 83° range with 100% humidity, and he was testing the car out. This 01 TT Cobra ran [email protected] with a lousy 2.26 60' time. Not only did it spin through the first sixty feet, but it continued to light 'em up all the way through the traps. Witnesses told him they could see and hear the 325 DR's spin and screech all the way to the lights. Oh, and I forgot to mention, this was still on the IRS from the factory. I was floored, and then he asked if I wanted to take a ride. Hmmm, YES!

This car is performing is duties with 11# of boost, making 620rwhp, and only my poor memory keeps me from telling you how much torque. But the unbelievable part to this car is, it is doing all of this while retaining its "stock" like road manners. Whisper silent exhaust put out through the Bassani X and UltraFlows. The power makes it to the ground via a T-56 ultra-smooth transmission. You wouldn't know this car had anything in it, if you were driving next to it, trying to get it to race. But in every gear, at just shy of 3800rpms, this Cobra unleashes a fury that I have never witnessed before in my 31 years on this planet. Save all of your 03 Cobra stories, they couldn't hold a candle to this car. Flat out, this is the most inspiring street/strip/track car I have ever ridden in. Did I drive it? No, I actually declined because of my theory in life, "if you can't buy it, don't try it."

This Cobra was driven to FFW Virginia, and still maintained 26mpg on the long drive. It sits low, and sounds stock. The full stock heavy leather interior, the Mach460 sound system, A/C, power steering, everything, is retained in this beast. Hell, it still has that dinky spare tire in the trunk. But this is far from your everyday 2001 Cobra. This is the Cobra people like me, only dream they had. When Jake and I exited the car, he expressed a grin from ear to ear, and all I could say in repetition was, "Jake, that thing is sic!"

There are a lot of bullshiit performance shops these days. Some are riddled with fraud accusations, others have been deemed the Customer Service Hellmouth, and some just aren't worthy to work on old Buick Century's. Jake Lamotta continues to build some of the best performance Mustangs/Cobras on the street and strip today. I feel he doesn't get the credit and respect he deserves. So, to Jake I will say "Bravo brother, you have created another monster, and I wish you and shop the best of luck."

My next car is being planned out right now, and while some things are still being decided upon, one issue is definate, Lamotta Performance will be my shop of choice.

...now if I can only get a ride in Jake/Christina's new big turbo coupe! :evil:

Sorry, just thought some credit should be given where it was due. I will go on the record and say I voted for Lamotta for Mod Person of the Year. He deserves it!

Joe Monaghen

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric, this car has 130mph easily. First run in the car, and Jake behind the wheel. He is one helluva driver to keep it straight.

Live axle is already being transplanted from a Saleen donor.

Simply amazing!
joe

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 month wight not be the problem. send a check with it, and you are alllllll goooood!

No better guy around.
joe

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sounds like a car after my own taste.....

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
I heard almost the exact same story from my tuner today (Less the shotgun ride). He's a straight up guy as well and I was amazed at the story. It was funny coming here to read what you had wrote. I'd love to see some pics of this thing. I too own a true blue 01 and I am eager to see some pics!!!

Razor.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
George, whos your tuner, lol, i went for a ride in that car. dave from superchips came by the shop the thursady before ffw for a visit. It is a bad ride. See u at dyno day saturday.
Dana, Springfield Motorsport

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
03cobra500+rwhp said:
George, whos your tuner, lol, i went for a ride in that car. dave from superchips came by the shop the thursady before ffw for a visit. It is a bad ride. See u at dyno day saturday.
Dana, Springfield Motorsport
Yo Wheat was telling me the story yesterday. He didn't tell me the car was True Blue though. You guys should have got some pics of that car man. See ya saturday bro.:D

Razor.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds like a car that I would like to see go down the track and maybe drive, but I am sure not going to get in with someone else behind the wheel. Sound like someone could make a dream come true for the 99 and 01 croud that is if the price was not to high and I could afford it. That is where the dream comes in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts