Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Twin Turbos Getting Close

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  SonicBlueX2 
#1 ·
Looks like Cartech should be finished with the car @ 8/30. Really looking forward to picking her up...

The plan is to keep RWHP under 400 until a suitable short block can be acquired.

Just a couple of questions....

Any guesses on how long will the stock 4R70W and converter will hold up?

Will 275 DR's be enough tire for the track?

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
Honestly I think it has more to do with Cartech's reputation for turning out a product on time, as well as the entire turbo mustang market doing the same. There have been so many horror stories, late products, and companies that have totally F'ed people that it's usually better to wait until the product is actually to market to make a comment.

Not flaming, just stating the facts as I have been there, been screwed and have been given false delivery dates.

Hopefully they deliver on time.....

As for the tires, it's just a vague question so it can't really be answered. If the kit makes the power that it should - even detuned - no drag radial will be able to properly hold it. I have 315/35/17's and if I choose to can have them spin at will.

#6 ·
Hey, Pete, thanks for your response.

You're right. It would seem that all of the turbo companies are plagued with negative publicity these days. However, up to this point, my experience with Preston and Mike at Cartech has been very positive. Updates on the progress have been very regular, and promises have been kept.

While it's difficult to hand over the keys to your car for any length of time, the quality of the kit and tune has been my biggest priority. If the 8/30 date comes and passes, it won't be the end of the world.

Too bad about the tires, I was really hoping the DR's would fit the bill.

#7 ·
I've never dealt with them directly so I can't/won't comment on them any more than stating what I have heard - but it's all second hand....hopefully they have learned from the mistakes of others...I know I remind Brad of that same fact constantly.

DR's are definitely better than regular radials, but are no substitute for a slick....but then again, DR's are easier on parts too :D

There are guys like Big Daddy and those in the radial class who have their suspensions setup perfectly and they fly on DR's.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't even dream of a regular radial tire out back unless it was a daily driver. They definitely have their place, just trying to stay realistic :D

#9 ·
Well be sure to post pictures when they're done. I know there would be plenty of people interested. There's two other companies who have been working on TT kits as well.

Also check out http://www.turbomustangs.com if you haven't already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.