Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOLE SHITE!!!

I REALLY thought everyone was just imagining a difference after changing the trans fluid. I just changed mine! <refer to first line of message>. I put in Red Line D4, at Cobra'03's suggestion.

I can NOT believe how different it feels!

Three cheers to Cobra'03! ...actually, I'm not sure if he's made it here yet.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
We need to get Glenn, Cobra'03, over here he is the king of fluids. What do you mean by different how.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
I'm using it too. Good stuff huh?? A LOT smoother and quieter too.

gary

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toofast4u said:
We need to get Glenn, Cobra'03, over here he is the king of fluids. What do you mean by different how.
Yes! We DO!

OMG! NAME something! It's MUCH smoother! It doesn't seem to "mesh" gears when going into second. It glides into first while still moving over 10mph, instead of having to coax it.

It quite literally glides into every gear. I shite you not!

I bought a gallon of it from Summitracing.com, figuring I'd be 0.1 quart short. I guess with the fluid left on gears and shafts, the one gallon ended up filling the thing to the fill hole.

THIS is a must do mod....ESPECIALLY for the results you get from it. IN-FRICKIN-CREDIBLE!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH YEA! I didn't even notice! :jawdrop

EVERYONE! DO THIS! You won't be sorry!

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Wonder if that stuff will make my Tremec 3650 drive any better. It has never drived smooth from day one. The 3550 I had in my last Mustang drove MUCH better.

3650 is a very notchy transmission, very hard to drive when its cold.

I've always used Syncromesh, GM's synthetic tranny fluid, but I haven't the oil in my Cobra's tranny.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
don't hold back 4sfed...........tell us what you really think of Red Line D4 fluid!!!!!:D :D

gary

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
fluids

eric, use the syncromesh in it......works unreal.....we use it in every 03' we do......the key is to use half a bottle of ford rear end friction modifier when you put it in......man it shifts unreal after that! :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SVTyballz said:
don't hold back 4sfed...........tell us what you really think of Red Line D4 fluid!!!!!:D :D

gary
Yea....sorry. The straps on my white jacket, got loose. The nice men are here to tighten them up again. ...I'm much better now.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
I'm buying some right now. That's 4sfed.

P.S. Post a little more over at STLmustangs.com, would ya?

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Is this the stuff?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey 03Steve. :) I'm actually trying to limit myself to how many boards I attend. It can get out of hand very quickly....especially for me. ;)

I'm not sure about that pic. I bought the gallon jug from Summit Racing. Do a search for their part number RED-30505. That's what I ordered.

G

·
that's a pic of their "regular" synthetic trans fluid, the D4 is what you want...

you can also go with the MTL for added protection but that will probably take a little longer to warm up in cold weather than the D4

·
Registered
63 Posts
I changed to the D4 at 1500 miles (about 6 weeks ago) and I whole hearted agree, it is great stuff. It seems to get better as time goes on. Lots quieter and smoother. I need to replace the rearend fluid with Redline but I don't have the right pump yet and the dealer says it will cost $400 to dismantle the rear end, change the fluid and reassemble.

·
Registered
521 Posts
How muc transmission oil do we need for our car? 4qts? He said he bought a gallon and thought he would be a hair short.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
03snake said:
How muc transmission oil do we need for our car? 4qts? He said he bought a gallon and thought he would be a hair short.
His manual states the transmission holds 4.1 quarts. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I switched to D4 a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. I can't really give a head to head comparison cause I installed my pro 5.0 at the same time. Not any louder then stock after oil and shifter.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My shifter/tranny makes very little noise. I wouldn't waste my money on the fluid change. It's an affordable fast car, it's not a Mercedes. Just my $.02

1 - 20 of 30 Posts