Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post.

I'm having a drivebality problems and fluctuating idle and a pegged 90mm Lightning MAF. I ordered the Univer from Pro M( I didn't get it yet though).

Now here is the problem, I have a mail order chip from JMS, and they said that they won't reburn the chip out of thier site for the Univer, they said because it's hard to tune it right with a mail order chip.

Do you guys think I can tune it my self using the Mafterburner? Different meter may be?

Any advice will be great.

The car is 99 GT with a stage 2 P1SC Procharger. 03 Cobra Fuel pump and tank, 42# Injectors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm having the same problems with JMS also. I have the Univer, but JMS won't/can't tune it without the car being at their shop. From what I understand it's because of the voltage readings from the Univer.

I've got mine tuned with the MAFterburner Plus and an old Pro-M tuned MAF----however my JMS chip was burned for an 80 mm Lightning MAF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tommy303, Thanks for replying.

How is the drivabbelity now? any good after the mafterburnuer? Do youu recommend it?

Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
mrshanab said:
Hi all, this is my first post.

I'm having a drivebality problems and fluctuating idle and a pegged 90mm Lightning MAF.
Are you sure the MAF is pegged? what kind of rwhp are you seeing? ive got a 90mm LMAF also,an S-trim, SHM blower cams with 42# injectors and ive had no driveablity problems; the only probs i have are cranking sometimes, which i think is attributed by the long tubes (hotstarter). ive got a Autologic chip, although it was tuned at Holeshot Performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black01GT, Thanks for replying.

The procharger uses the Blow through setup unlike the VORTECH. I hooked up a voltimeter to the maf and gave it a WOT run, by the time it's at 5300 rpm the voltage was 5.0 ! So, Yeah I think it's pegged.

I haven't gotten the car on the dyno, because it useless when the maf is pegged. But planning to after the i get this POS fixxed.

Any more inputs is really appriciated

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have personal experience with JMS as I live 45 minutes from them. I also ordered the Univer when I got my ATI and when I called JMS to schedule a tune they said I could send the Univer back because the driveability would be horrible. Chris Johnson tuned my car with the stock mass air meter and it idles like stock and drives like stock. This guy can tune a John Deere tractor with a Univer if he wanted to. It's just that he's a perfectionist and he won't use products that don't work. There's another major shop that advertises in all the magazines close to me and their words are "If Chris can't tune it don't bring it to us because we can't do anything for you". I hate to badmouth any company but Pro-M is notorious for sending out meters that aren't calibrated very well. Best bet is to get on a dyno with a stock meter or your lightning meter. I doubt very seriously that it's pegged out. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts