Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We at Amazon Racing have designed an extreme duty cv axle for the mustang. When engineering a high performance cv axle you must consider what abuse the cv axle will be taking. The cars are generating hi horsepower and torque.

The cv axle upgrade we are making uses a six ball and cage type inner joint that distributes the torque more evenly than the earlier tripod type inner joint. The center bar witch is usually the weakest point in the mustang cobra, is made from propiorty alloy steel. The bar is small in diameter than the oem bar to alloy more flex. The splines are rolled, rolling is a stronger forged spline witch is 30% stronger that a cut spline. The clip grooves have been eliminated, this causes a weak point when heat-treating. We use a special form of heat-treating to create the strongest bar available. The upgrades made to the bar should easily make it 200 % stronger that the oem design. The next area to strengthen is the outer joint. We make all the critical components from a special alloy steel that we have done much research on to develop for the high performance racing applications. After testing we have determined the internal cages we have designed are 300% stronger that the oem cages.

Rick

G

·
kudos for tackling the weak links in our beasts, first you and Hermann took care of the hop and now the half-shafts are covered...

I have to go to work now so that I can afford all these goodies :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Keep us posted..

It sure will be nice to launch the car on slicks or ET Streets and not worry about whether or not the shafts or cv's are going to break.

Now we just need to find a reinforced rear diff cover and braces. That way we don't chunk pieces of the rear everywhere, like many 99-01 IRS cars already have.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
halfshafts........

just wait to you guys start trying these......they are unreal and not like anything else out there......:D very much over-engineered for our application but that never hurt does it.....:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Re: halfshafts........

hpbyhermann said:
just wait to you guys start trying these......they are unreal and not like anything else out there......:D very much over-engineered for our application but that never hurt does it.....:)
I agree completely. I am a firm believer that when it is time to upgrade, upgrade with the best. And Amazon has been deliverring with excellent products. Keep up the great work Hermann and Amazon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts