Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am Impressed!!
I took car out tonight 80degrees and 87 humidty.
With the upgraded Heat Exchanger It ran like we had better weather.
Matt(Haveight) reported after haveing his installed that his car ran cooler..He said his temp gauge showed a difference..
I was skeptical until tonight..Mine also shows that it is running a bit cooler..
Seat of the pants the car pulls stronger.
I had the JDM , HE installed to be more Efficient for more boost later on but i really feel it made a difference even in my somewhat mild setup..:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
What temp guage are you talking about.............Have you installed an extra one in the car?????? My cars SC and inter cooler fluid does cool faster now as I have compared it with other 03s, but as far as a guage...........don't have one to check. The Lightning guys use what looks like a meat thermo and mount it to the inter cooler fluid holder.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Glad to hear Jim, now I just have to wait till mine gets installed on Sept. 9th.....say BYE BYE to heat soak....can't wait.

·
Registered
481 Posts
SolidSnake said:
say BYE BYE to heat soak...
Not sure if heat soak will be gone... you might have lower secondary intake temps, but the casing of the supercharger will still rise to same tempature, therefore, still creating heat soak within the SC...

correct me if im wrong... :shrug

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
TopRacer said:
Not sure if heat soak will be gone... you might have lower secondary intake temps, but the casing of the supercharger will still rise to same tempature, therefore, still creating heat soak within the SC...

correct me if im wrong... :shrug
To me, heat soak is when heat is being generated faster than it can be dissapated. With that in mind increase surface area of a HE as well as amount of coolant it can hold should significantly reduce the chances of heat soak, time will tell if it eliminates them. Also, while not directly designed to cool the blower itself, the engine, blower, intercooler etc are all metal and are all touching so I am sure one system will affect the other to a certain degree. In other words you could have all the blower cooling capacity in the world but the blower is still attached to the engine and hence there will be some heat transfer. Ideally I would say not only does the HE?IC system need to be upgraded but the engine cooling system as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The largest heat exchanger imaginable still might not make a world of difference. That's but one piece of the puzzle... Equally important is intercooler size, pump gpm and line sizes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts