Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I promised I have just received an Email from [email protected] and after all the trials and tribulations they are going to go the extra mile to see to it that they have a satisfied customer. I have not received the pics yet but will post them up when I do. Here is the Email from Jim.

Tom,
We tore down the compressor I will send you some pictures. What we found was some small piece of debris went through the compressor. Nothing that would cause your issue or anything but it did nick up the rotors. We pulled out the seals and seal rings and found them to be in perfect condition. The tolerances are still well within spec. the compressor is flawless.
What we are going to do is replace the 2.6 with a new 2.8 for you at no charge. We are doing this for you for the trouble you have had with this project. You will see that the 2.8H will make up 2lbs of boost. Nothing more. So if you were short 5lbs before, you will still be short 3lbs. So we are shipping the 2.8H with the pulley that was on the 2.6 and another pulley that is good for 2lbs of boost. We will guarantee the compressor for 12 months.
About the debris, our recommendation is to get an installer that is a little more careful and cleaner. There are marks on the outside of the case as well from removal and installation. If you look in the intercooler, you might find what ever went through the compressor.
We have the 2.8 out to you probably tomorrow.

Regards,
Mike
Kenne Bell

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Wow, that is absolutely incredible. I'm shocked that they're going that far, and I never would have expected that after having read your previous thread.
That speaks VOLUMES about the customer service, even if it takes a while, that is an undeniably awesome result.
Were I the vendor in this situation, I'm not sure I would've done the same. My hat comes off to the KB boys- :tip:

·
Administrator
1965 SPF 427 Cobra, & 2022 BMW M850
9,484 Posts
I am happy for Tom and I suspect his new compressor will give him many good experiences.

I am not sure this is an example of good customer service. I think it is certainly an example of good business judgement. The bad PR that KB was accumulating in public on this website has a cost in terms of lost business revenue. If you measure your business performance as good businessmen tend to do then it is easy to see the price attached to uncomplimentary words.

I believe KB did the math, so to speak, and decided the correct business move to take was what he did. The customer service issue remains a cloud hanging in the air. If we don't see repeat stories like Tom's then there was not only a good business decision but there was a fundamental overhaul of how the customer is dealt with when things go bump in the dark. This is good.

While both the direct sales channel and the indirect Value Added Reseller channel models have their strengths and weaknesses they will most assuredly both continue in their popularity because they each address different, but important, go to market challenges that manufacturers struggle with. Perhaps the most important consideration is that, distribution channel model not withstanding, there is never a good excuse for bad customer service.

I think the final resolution was basically a win for all participants. Congrats Tom and KB.

Ed

·
Registered
681 Posts
upgrade from 2.6 to 2.8 free ? and an additional pulley free, i'll bet the grin on your face from ear to ear right now wont go away soon. sounds to me the bell boys went all out on this one. its a positive move either way and i like positives. i am still interested to get to the bottom of what the whole picture is, trouble shooting is where my interests lie

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
I am happy for Tom and I suspect his new compressor will give him many good experiences.

I am not sure this is an example of good customer service. I think it is certainly an example of good business judgement. The bad PR that KB was accumulating in public on this website has a cost in terms of lost business revenue. If you measure your business performance as good businessmen tend to do then it is easy to see the price attached to uncomplimentary words.

I believe KB did the math, so to speak, and decided the correct business move to take was what he did. The customer service issue remains a cloud hanging in the air. If we don't see repeat stories like Tom's then there was not only a good business decision but there was a fundamental overhaul of how the customer is dealt with when things go bump in the dark. This is good.

While both the direct sales channel and the indirect Value Added Reseller channel models have their strengths and weaknesses they will most assuredly both continue in their popularity because they each address different, but important, go to market challenges that manufacturers struggle with. Perhaps the most important consideration is that, distribution channel model not withstanding, there is never a good excuse for bad customer service.

I think the final resolution was basically a win for all participants. Congrats Tom and KB.

Ed
I retract my original response, and substitute this. Well said-

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Yea that is awesome.

I even posted before, when I had alittle issue with my 2.4 kenne bell, the guys at KB did a great job handling it.

Jim bell personally called me, I mean it doesn't get better than that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea that is awesome.

I even posted before, when I had alittle issue with my 2.4 kenne bell, the guys at KB did a great job handling it.

Jim bell personally called me, I mean it doesn't get better than that.
And now you have a whipple? Hahaha, J/K man, just had to say something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts