Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I would still run it. Its inexpensive and easy to install while the heads are out. Nothing like extra insurance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm running a pair of ported navi heads and still use the cooling mod. To me the logic was undeniable, something cheap to insure something expensive.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hawaiiancobra,

We've been kicking this around for some time now.
And the new heads are going on my new build.

Do you have any hard data to substantiate the above statement?

If so, I would be greatly interested.

·
Registered
681 Posts
the new heads are a great improvement i'm sure, all i meant is the ldc cooling mod on drivers side still needs to be done and that freeze plug removed and coolant allowed out and recirculated. didn't mean new heads do squat for better cooling, tho without the cooling mod out the drivers head, its not gaining its potential with the revised heads. ford got an f on plugging coolant flow out the back of the drivers head, thats just cutting corners to save 2 dollars and then theres the initial flow path into the motor directly to cylinder 1 cooling passages to pre-heat the water before travelling on to the rest of the components

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
hawaiiancobra,

We've been kicking this around for some time now.
And the new heads are going on my new build.

Do you have any hard data to substantiate the above statement?

If so, I would be greatly interested.
Yes there is hard data. Its called a piece of metal that plugs the hole. There is ZERO flow there and if you do have flow there you need a new head/freeze plug. With the LDC mod you remove that piece of metal and put a flow tube and now you have extra circulation. So you go from zero to some.

·
Registered
247 Posts
:what:

·
Registered
247 Posts
BOSS 5.0, big S/C, big flow heads, big cams, big exhaust.
You'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts