Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I just read it. An eye opener for sure. Makes me appreciate the company I work for (not mustang related, but a great company none the less).

JT

·
Registered
176 Posts
Doesn't surprise me at all!! They have tried to pull a lot of crap with me. They wish they had the quality parts that MGW sells. Their customer service blows also. They love to make you think that the parts are in stock.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I know that the owner Joe has a reputation in Florida for his tunes being on the ragged edge and blowing stuff up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
But if what you wrote was the truth, wouldn't you leave it up so that others can be warned still?

Or was your only motive resolving your personal conflict and not helping others?

·
Registered
79 Posts
snkypete said:
But if what you wrote was the truth, wouldn't you leave it up so that others can be warned still?

Or was your only motive resolving your personal conflict and not helping others?
Well, it was both, part of our resolution was that the site was to be taken down. from 5 am this morning to 5 pm this afternoon there was over 1100 unique visitors, I'd say that informed quite a few people.

cj

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
What did it say? I would like to be informed, I was actually thinking of buying something from them, nothing high dollar but still I do not want to deal with another bad shop/place.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
I too have considered items from UPR and would like to know any negatives about them. Put the word out for your fellow Cobra owners.:D

Razor.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I read a large portion of it, and the site described the vendor as being manipulative and underhanded, and who routinely copied the competition and sold cheap and inferior imitations to the unsuspecting public.

The website owner was a former employee who obviously felt wronged by the vendor. To me it appeared that the website owner's motivation was a combination of revenge and to recover all or part of the money he felt owed by the vendor. Perhaps this portion of the ploy worked, since the site is now now gone.

I have a UPR shift quadrant, but won't be buying anything else from them.

Bill

·
Registered
482 Posts
A quick summary was that he accused them of copying most of their items from other companies, of not paying him(and his compensation for tuning was extremely low $10-25 per car when customers were charged thousands), stealing his laptop, not paying his tax withholdings......This all of course was 'his words'.

·
Registered
289 Posts
2kbill said:
and sold cheap and inferior imitations to the unsuspecting public.
Never did it say they were cheap and inferior items. I've have and still use lots of thier parts and they hold up to plenty of abuse as well if not better than some other companies pieces. If you really think that no other company has taken a idea from someone else, made some changes to it and sold it as their own you are blind.

Bill

·
Registered
482 Posts
Bill Putnam said:
Never did it say they were cheap and inferior items. I've have and still use lots of thier parts and they hold up to plenty of abuse as well if not better than some other companies pieces. If you really think that no other company has taken a idea from someone else, made some changes to it and sold it as their own you are blind.

Bill
I think the point they were trying to make is that UPR doesn't make any changes, they just flat out copy them and market the piece as their own.

This isn't the first I've heard of them doing it either. If it was an isolated incident fine, but when it involves most of their product line you have to wonder.

From personal experience, their customer service flat out sucks. When I wanted some of their products I refused to deal directly with them again. I found a reseller who actually understands what customer service means....shipping on time, charging a fair price for shipping....what a concept.

·
Registered
289 Posts
snkypete said:
I think the point they were trying to make is that UPR doesn't make any changes, they just flat out copy them and market the piece as their own.

This isn't the first I've heard of them doing it either. If it was an isolated incident fine, but when it involves most of their product line you have to wonder.

From personal experience, their customer service flat out sucks. When I wanted some of their products I refused to deal directly with them again. I found a reseller who actually understands what customer service means....shipping on time, charging a fair price for shipping....what a concept.
On the contrary they do make changes to parts (in the past when they first started some stuff was nearly carbon copy) and now have a good amount of orginal parts mainly billet interior stuff that are of their own design that are being copied by others. Not saying they are saints but fact is just about every company out there is guilty of this at one point or another.

Bill

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.