Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I iust wanted your opinions on your upr x pipe.

Now I know upr's success speaks for itself, and I have much respect for them.

First off the design didn't look that efficient to me after I bought it. The way the 2 pipes x toghether looks like it would cause serious turbulenceand cause a restriction. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Do they make their own pipes, or does one of the other major manufactures make it for them.

I put one on with a 3" Mac cat back, and it feels like I lost at least 50 lb.ft of torque. The top end doesn't feel that much better. I hope that the problem is that I am just getting used to my car, and it only feels less powerfull. My only other perf mod is the jlp cai. I should be putting a 2.93 pulley on this week, so hopefully that will help.

So if anyone has any dyno numbers b4 and after their upr x pipe, I would love to hear them.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Well, I noticed the same thing. I felt a huge SOTP loss in torquw vs my stock Hpipe and catback piping.

I have the UPR X and MAC 3" Catback as well. From what I have seen the UPR unit is one of the better X sections I have seen IMOP.

Not much you can do about the tq, Im getting a retune, I was rich before the Xpipe and catback. I know im even richer now.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
I have the UPR x and i put down 417 hp and 391 lb/ft of tq.....Works good for me! no pullies yet either!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I also have the UPR X pipe and I run the 2-1/2 Mac Catback, I installed the x pipe before anything and the car was slower no doubt, I made 456 and 478 with my current mods, the UPR and Mac does sound great but if I had it to do over again I would have kept my stock cats, to many cars going fast with the stock Hpipe, but I will say the price is right on the UPR!!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Might do a test UPR Offroad X vs stock Hpipe.

·
Registered
110 Posts
wow.. Im considering going with an X pipe until I can cover the price of a catback system...

so people are noticing NEGATIVE gains with just an off road X pipe with stock catback exhaust?

-Ryan

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Reggie - I got the puller...that 2.93 will be on this week :)

BTW - I think your paranoid

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I wouldnt say negative gains. I made good power on my stock Hpipe and catback piping. I havent noticed that big of a difference with the Xpipe and 3" MAC. Just some TQ loss, the car does seem to pull harder now in the upper rpm's. Its obviously breathing better.

I think with some more tuning, where I did lose the tq I think some additional timing and leaning the A/F out can make some of the power up and multiple your results in the upper rpm's.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
very interesting. Im gonna make some pulls later this week, and see how I fair. Hopefully im in the 460-470 range

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
if you want an X-pipe, go with a Dr Gas X-pipe. I think thats what UPR was trying to pull off when they made theirs.

gary

·
Registered
90 Posts
My car seems a lot more rev-happy with UPR X. No dyno numbers after though.
Love the sound with the Magnaflows!!

Zinc yellow 03
[email protected] on F1's

Riaan

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Mine as well. I noticed a big difference in the upper rpm's now. It will pull all the way until you decide to shift it. My rev limiter is at 7k.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Broke, did you get any new dyno numbers and/or your chip re-burnt for the new mods? If so, what were your numbers? When are we gonna see some new track times?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts