Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold a D1SC Head Unit with powerpipe to another individual here on the forums.
Sent these items out on the 9th of Febuary to him via UPS, this item ended up in the USPS System for some freaking reason and on the 11th of Febuary this item ended up at an address in Niceville, Florida and it's intended destination was for Califonia.

I spoke with the UPS Store Manager this AM to see what we can do to resolve this issue as this is a high dollar item.
They placed an immediate trace on this package and ensured to me that if the item did not get recieved at it's intended destination nor if they or I recieved it back by Tuesday the 17th of Febuary that I can make a claim for the full value of the item and it will be paid for.

I have been using this particular UPS store since 2000 and this is the first time this shiat has ever happened to me. Has this ever happened to anyone else here on the forum, and what did you do to resolve the problem.

My packaging, there label and package is insured......

·
Registered
272 Posts
Next time just relax and call FedEx..lol sorry had to add a shameless plug here. UPS just flat out sucks and i'm not sayin it cuz I work for the competitor they just SUCK lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No next time I will just use the Postal system since you assholes seem to sub out to them anyway! I figured I would get the competition to come in a throw a stone in here somewhere and sometime.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I've used all 3, FedEX, UPS, DHL, never had a problem with either one...FedEx is a little more reasonably priced, but again no complaints here.

hope you get it resolved.

·
Registered
416 Posts
No next time I will just use the Postal system since you assholes seem to sub out to them anyway! I figured I would get the competition to come in a throw a stone in here somewhere and sometime.
Man I feel your pain but there is no need for you to lash out at FedExGuy.

·
Registered
272 Posts
LOL I figured I would get the brown boys fired up..its always fun. We sub out to the postal service because they obviously want it there on time and in one piece.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh man caught between a customer and a package delivery company....I feel your pain...:cry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
ive had a claim with UPS bought some rims out of the 4 one showed up looking like they used it for basketball practice called them up took them 5 days to come get damaged rim sent it back got a replacement then they send me a bill for the shipping and border fee's..... wtf there the ones who wrecked the rim....

within canada i'll use CanPar

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey did not mean to lash out at you like that and I apologize for it, I am just a little bit PO'd about still.
If I had a Fed Ex closer to me or even a DHL Service I would use them. It jsut baffle me to death that they take a package and Deliver in Florida where there is no known address or Company in that counties jurisdiction. And now I the shipper has to hope where ever they decided to deliver it, that person is honest enough to return it. It has been a week now and still no package. I would love for this to be some kind of joke then I could come back on here a say wow it was a joke the reciever recieved Hah Hah funny on meOnce again sorry for lashing out at you!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GREAT NEWS!The package was returned by the person it was dleivered to by accident. It will be back in the possesion of the original UPS store Thursday, then it will get re-shipped via there cost to it's original intended reciever with a new tracking number. We will know Thursday when he calls me back what that number will be.

Thank You to all of you who have supported me during this screwed up time!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ahh no biggie it happens just glad everything worked out for ya!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I have 2 packages inbound to me and 2 packages outbound to recievers. The intended reciever and I are both preparing our cars for upcoming race events and this put a damper on our time.

If I learned anything here, it is, use FEDEX your shit might make it there the first time, lol!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Next time just relax and call FedEx..lol sorry had to add a shameless plug here. UPS just flat out sucks and i'm not sayin it cuz I work for the competitor they just SUCK lol
I guess you don't want to hear about my whipple 3.4 that I bought and fedX sent it to an address across town when it was clearly marked with my address and then told me if I wanted it then I should go pick it up.. Don't get me started on suck ass shipping companies

Fed X suck too

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I have shipped hundreds of packages and used all four shipping services. Postal Service, FedEx, UPS, & DHL

All have lost or damaged packages. I even caught a UPS driver stealing high value Hasselblad products directly from the packages then re-sealing them.

My most recent loss, and the most annoying one was with FedEx. I shipped two side scoops to a painter. They arrived fine at their shop. But the return package was destroyed, it was literally bent in half. Both scoops were destroyed. The package had been insured for all costs (original cost of the scoops, the painting costs, and shipping both directions).

The FedEx insurance division instructed me to send the package back to the shipper (my painter) for examination. I did so and then waited to hear something. FedEx lost the package going back for examination so it could not be inspected. No inspection, no insurance payout. I had to sue them in small claims court to get my insurance claim settled. The judge even made the comment that it was somewhat suspicious that without the package the insurance would be void. I was awarded all costs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am actually glad I started this thread, if you have a nightmare story about these assholes please post it. We folks need to here this and see what if anything can be done about it.
I had DHL do the same thing to me with a couple of things, delivered the items to the wrong location about 2 miles from me and told me if I wanted them to go get them from where they delivered it to.
They were illiterate and were trying to deliver the package to the house number that was actually the road number and visa versa, so tell me does it really pay to use these guys?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I cant speak for the parcel side but on the freight side we hardly ever lose shipments. Our terminal last quarter had a 99.9 percent on time effeciency the highest in the east coast!! Fed Ex Ground is prolly Fedex's weakest link those guys pass me on the highway like i'm sittin still bustin their asses for .25 cent a mile and i'm taken my sweet time makin .56 cent a mile. So Fedex in general isnt the problem, its the one of many divisions. Mainly FedEx Ground.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have to agree with you on this, it is not the over the road folks who are doing the screwing up, it is the delivery guys and they give the whole company a bad rep from time to time.
They should have a screening process that weeds out the scumbags who don't give a damn.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well for the most part half the delivery drivers that Ground hires are through temp agencies..no offense to anybody that gets a job through one i'm just sayin they pretty much take what they can get. And usually around christmas time they hire a bunch at 8.00hr and nobody that gets paid 8.00 hr is gonna give a damn about your package they gonna get it off the truck and get paid. Just my experience. I think Freight is the highest reputable company that Fed ex has..all of our drivers are very highly respected on the road because of our safety record and were highly paid because we are professionals who take alot of pride in our work and what we do. Makes a difference for the customer too...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts